Part 9: Switching

Principal Damocles sat behind his desk, his face filled with disappointment.

"Why did you have this fight?" He questioned.

"It was Y/n's fault!" Chloe exclaimed. "Y/n started it! I was just defending myself!"

"That's a lie!" I cry out. "Chloe was insulting my cousin, so I stood up for her then Chloe tried to punch me!"

Chloe and I start bickering  about who started the fight. Then I remember that Alya recorded the whole fight.

"Mr. Damocles, Alya recorded the fight, just ask to see the video." I try to stand while I tell him this, but fall because of my ankle.

Mr.Damocles calls in a nurse and Alya into his office.While Alya shows him the video, the nurse tells me that my ankle is sprained.

"Miss Cheng, you may leave now. As for you Chloe, you will get 2 days of after school detention."

I walk back to class with Alya.  It's kind of hard to walk with my new crutches, but I will get used to it.

"Hey can I sign your cast?" Alya asks me.

"Yeah..Why not?" I respond. Alya then takes out a black sharpie and writes her name in the very front of my cast. "Oh, Miss B told me to tell you to act surprised if she switched you. Just an FYI."

"Okay. Thanks Alya."

We walk into the class and sit in our seat in the back. Just as I sit down, Miss B says "I have decided to make one small change in the grouping-"

"Great! Put me with my Adrikins! I Demand to have a partner!" Chloe yelled out.

"Chloe, you need to be a single group to learn that you can't always run to Sabrina for 'help'. You need to do this yourself." Miss B told her. 

She continued. "Now, as I was saying, I'm switching two people. Y/n and Marinette, switch."

I groan, since I just walked up the stairs to get to my seat, now I have to walk down them again, with my cast on!

As Marinette and I pass each other, she whispers 'thank you' in my ear. I nod in return. I plop down next to Adrien and sigh, not wanting to be there.

"Now that everyone is settled, I will give you 5 minutes to talk with your partner about where you will meet up and do your project." Miss B said.

I turned to Adrien and asked him "What's the project on again?" 

He replied with "She hasn't told any of us yet. But do you want to me in the library after school for it?"

"Yeah sure..." I responded, knowing this wasn't an optional project.

"Okay class, send one person from your group to pick a topic out of the bucket."

Adrien just got up. He didn't eve talk to me, he just got up to get the topic. He returned with the sheet of paper, and looked a bit worried. I was going to ask what the topic was, but the bell rung, signaling everyone's next period. Mine happened to be a free period.

I quickly put in my AirPods and started playing "Hamilton: an American musical" and ran out the door.

I walked into the library, where I saw Adrien sitting at a table. He had about 10 books piled up around him, almost all of the on Alexander Hamilton. He had a sheet with all of Hamilton's personal Info on it, except his date of birth. I took off my headphones and said "It's unknown"

"What?"

"Hamilton's birth date is unknown. Historians have found evidence saying he was born on January 11th, but they argue between the years 1755 and 1757." (I did my research people!)

He quickly scribbled in what I had said into his info sheet. After he finished that he told me, "Hamilton...the project is going to be on Hamilton."

I replied "His life achievements, or just his life?"

"Just his time in America." He said.

I started smirking, knowing all about that. Adrien must have noticed my change in mood, because he said "What? Why are you smiling like that?"

I grabbed his hand and led him out of the library and into the park. I handed Adrien one of my AirPods and told him to just listen to the music. 

I Pressed Play on the first song in the musical, and the first thing Adrien did was grab a pencil and paper and start writing down his achievements and life story.

~After Y/n and Adrien have listened to all 46 songs (about 2 hours and 30 minutes) of the play~

Who lives who dies who tells your storrrrrryyyyyyyyyy.

When the song ended, I look over at Adrien. His eyes were red and puffy.

"Adrien, Were you crying?" I ask him.

"N-yes.." he said, "IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!"

I laughed and said, "I think we should get back to School, our next class Is going to start soon."

I get up and walk away, accidentally leaving one of my AirPods with Adrien.

~Adrien's pov~

 Right after Y/n left, I realized that she left her AirPod with me. Since she was already lost in the sea of students, I decided to give them to her  at the end of the day.

~At the end of the day~

I walk out of my last class holding Y/n's AirPod. I thin about how I was going to find her when I notice it was raining outside. 

And just my luck, Y/n was standing in the front of the school. I walk up to her, but she ignores me. I sigh, and start to confess.

"Look, I just wanted to tell you that it was Chloe who threw that marble at you, not me. I was trying to get her to stop." I look at her, and offer her my umbrella. Wide-eyed, she takes it, flinching a bit when our fingers touched. 

When she fully held the Umbrella, it decided to close on top of her. I laughed and said "See you tomorrow, Y/n" and walked to my car.

~Y/n pov~

I was astonished at what just happened. I tried to reply, but it came out as a stuttered mess.

"S-s-see ya." I look at Tala, and ask "Why am I stuttering?"

Tala, being the wolf she is, just said "Ohhh Y/n you're in lovveee" I blushed, and turned away. Then Tala hugged my cheek, and I leaned my head against my shoulder signaling to her I was 'huggng' back.

~Adrien Pov~

When I was a good distance away from Y/n, Plagg flew out of my jacket. 

"First day of school and we already have two lovebirds, huh?" Plagg said, obviously hinting at something.

A little bit embarrassed, I replied "Don't be ridiculous Plagg, She's just a friend. A Friend." I blushed a little bit t the thought of having any Frend, and got into my car.

A/n- There ya go..the last chapter before the start of my school. Hope ya liked it. 

Goodbye readers,

I have the honor to be, Your obedient author~

Frenchie