Chapter 14

The first thing I noticed when I awoke; was the pain radiating through my body.  I opened my eyes, only to quickly shut them again as my head throbbed.  I opened my eyes again, slowly this time.  I was in a small room, and noticed how run down this room was.  Wallpaper was falling off the walls, there were patches of carpet missing, and the furniture, well it was in worse shape.  I tried to think of how I had gotten here, nothing coming to my mind.

I looked down at my body, the only thing I had on was my undergarments.  A sheet was spread over me, and I was thankful for the cover.  I tried sitting up, inhaling a sharp quick breath, and inched my head back down on the worn out couch.   I looked under the blanket and noticed that I had a bandage around my stomach, and everything came back to me in a rush,  the kidnapping, the fire, the cellar.  I quickly sat up again, only to wince more in pain.  Steadying myself, I wrapped the sheet around my body as tight as possible and headed for the door.   I went to open the door when the it suddenly opened.

I gasped, as the person in front of me walked closer.

"Jackson?"  I whispered, blacking out again.

Gavin's POV:

I don't know when I had fallen asleep, but when I opened my eyes I noticed I was no longer in the car by the burning barn.  The room was small, a little bigger than my walk-in closet.  I glanced around the room and tried to get up, only to groan and lay my head back down on the bed.  I noticed that someone had stitched me up and a lot of white gauze was taped on my back.  As everything replayed in my head about the night, I suddenly realized that Jules was missing.  I scolded myself for not thinking about her as soon as I opened my eyes.  Now my senses were on full alert and I strained to hear any sound coming from behind the door.  Everything was eerily silent and I was starting to get worried.  I was hoping that whoever had me, did not have her.  I hoped she somehow had gotten away and ran to Mace, telling him everything.  Maybe they were on the road right now, going to find a new place to start over.  I thought about Julia falling in love with someone and having a life, making my heart ache.  I didn't understand these feelings, why would I care about her anyways?  I don't get into relationships, I use them for what I need and send them on their way.  I tried pulling myself up again, my breathing becoming ragged as I strained my body.  I could feel the stitches stretch as I pushed myself harder, gritting my teeth in pain. 

"You bastard!"  I heard Jules scream.  That seemed to send a shot of adrenaline through me because I was up and out the door searching for her.

"Jules!"  I called as I opened a door to see something, or should I say someone, totally unexpected.

****************************

Ok, sorry it is so short, but I wanted to end it here because, well, I just wanted you to want more...lol... I know, how evil of me... plus it is 3am and I'm tired... I know I had never written in anyone else's POV, but I thought I would try something different... what do you think?  Should I leave it the way it is, or should it just be strictly Jules?

Oh, and Jackson is back!!!  How is that going to work out?  Will Jules and Jackson's old flame come to life?  Or will Jules and Gavin get together?   More twists coming up soon..............

Comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE <3