Chapter 8

I wake to the sun streaming in my eyes turning, over with a groan.  My eyes are sore and swollen from crying myself to sleep.  I look at the clock which reads 9am, and I'm wondering what the guys are doing today.  I quickly get up and take a shower, letting the warm water loosen up my muscles.  Once I'm as clean as I'm gonna get, I quickly dry myself off just to realize that all of my clothes are in Gavin's car.  I swear to myself, wrapping a towel around me, I open the bathroom door and walk out going straight to Gavin's closet.

"See anything you like?"

A startled gasp escapes my mouth as I turn to face Gavin who is sitting on the couch watching me with an amused smile.  I grab the towel and wrap it tighter around me blushing.  Oh, god,  not again. 

"No.. I um... my clothes."  I stutter.

He starts laughing making me glare at him, what is so funny? 

He stands up and walks to the other side of the bed where my view is hidden and picks up my bags of clothes and places them on the bed.

I quickly grab the first outfit I can put together and run back to the bathroom.

I groan as I realize what I have grabbed. I quickly put on the short shorts and a tank top that shows off my belly ring.  I huff  to myself as I open the door and walk out of the bathroom keeping my head high.  Gavin is laying on the bed hands behind his head looking relaxed.  When he hears me come through he looks at me, eyes wide.

"I'm going to go get something to eat."  I say and head for the door.  Gavin suddenly jumps out of bed and as I'm opening the door he slams it shut, an untamed look in his eyes.

"We need to talk."  He says through his teeth.

"About what?" I ask trying to act dumb, but he knows better. 

A smile spreads across his face, only it doesn't reach his eyes making him seem hollow.  I shiver and I'm suddenly being pushed up against the wall.  My breath comes out in a whoosh and I stare at Gavin with fear in my eyes.

He seems to like my reaction cause he grins wider as he puts his hands on either side of my head against the wall. 

He leans in closer to me, "Do you have any idea what those clothes make me want to do to you?" 

He presses the torso of his body against mine and a sick feeling comes over me because I realize that I like the feel of his body against mine.

"What is that?"  I say in a rushed whisper, trying to catch my breath.

He grabs the back of my neck and pulls me in as if he is going to kiss me, stopping centimeters from my lips, "Oh, I think you know." His voice tempting, yet dangerous.

He suddenly lets go of me and walks back across the room, raking a hand through his dark brown hair.   He suddenly spins around and storms towards me, his mood suddenly changing from lust to something more violent.  He grabs me by the shoulders squeezing tight enough that there will be bruising later.

I wince as his hands dig into me and I'm pushed harder against the wall.

"Let's stop playing these little games Julia."  He says his voice hard and void of emotion.

I look at him wide eyed which only makes him more angry because he shakes me.

"Don't look at me like that, just tell me what I need to know." He says vehemently.

"I don't know what you are talking about."  I say my voice shaky.  I suddenly realize my body is shaking.  He slams me against the wall making my head hit the back of the door, "I know you know where your boyfriend is."  He spits at me, saying the word boyfriend like it's a dirty word.

I cower away from his rage and tears form in my eyes, I don't know what to tell him and I'm afraid of getting hurt.  "I don't know where he is Gavin, he left me there.  He took the bags and just left me there."  As I say the words, reality sinks in.   He left me there like a piece of trash to get rid of. 

Gavin suddenly lets go of me taking a step back, "Well when I find your little boyfriend, I'm going to kill him."  He says menacingly as he puts his face in mine, "And if I find out that you are lying to me, I'll kill you."  I look into his eyes and can tell that he is not joking.  There is no emotion there, it's like I'm staring into a big black hole.  A hole I can't seem to dig myself out of, I'm drowning and there is no one there to save me.

He starts to walk out the door but turns back, "Oh, and I know that you almost told Mace the truth last night."  He pauses a smile coming to his face, only there is no feeling to it.  It's saying test me and you will see what I can do.  "Keep your mouth shut, wouldn't want an "accident" to happen to Mason, would you?" He smile's wider, mocking me as he walks out of the room.

I glance around the room my mind spinning a hundred miles an hour.  I grab a pair of jeans and change into them, and quickly put on my shoes.

I know exactly where Gavin keeps his keys, so I am extra careful as I go down the steps.  I can hear Gavin talking on his cell phone in the kitchen, and I can see the keys lying on the table in the foyer.  I pick them up and close my eyes when they jingle.  When Gavin doesn't stop talking I let out a sigh, just noticing that I was holding my breath.  I quietly open the front door and sneak out without being heard.  I run to the car and start the car quickly, backing out of the drive way just as Gavin jumps off the porch and comes straight at me.

I know I will get it when I get back, but I'm running out of time.  I get on the interstate and head back home. 

Ready or not Jacks, here I come.

So what do you guys think?  Will she find Jackson?  Will he even be alive?  Let me know what you think

Comment!!!

Vote!!! <3