Chapter 7-2

I feel someone rubbing my face, I want to tell them to stop, that's its annoying but I can't seem to open my eyes.

"Jules?"  I hear Mace say.

"She's awake."  I hear someone else say but I can't make out who it is.

"Julia. Can you open your eyes?"  This comes from Gavin and I slowly open my eyes looking around.  Gavin, Mace, and Silas are standing around me, watching me with worried expressions.  I look around the room and notice that I'm laying in Gavin's bed, and that someone tucked me in so tight that I can't move. 

"You scared us."  Mace said taking a seat next to me rubbing the side of my cheek.

"What happened?"  I ask looking at Gavin.

"Gavin said you just went into shock."  Mace said glancing at Gavin as if he didn't believe him, "Why did you go into shock Jules?"  Mace asks his voice hard.

I glance at Gavin as memories of Ice came pouring back into my mind.  I know Mace is asking me this because he doesn't believe the story Gavin told him.

"I already told you Mason, we just came home, we were walking through the door and the next thing I know she starts breathing really hard and she just falls." He said exasperated, glancing at me.

I look up at Mace, now would be the time to tell him the truth,  to get everything out in the open.   I glance at Gavin who has a murdering look in his eyes.  A look that makes me want to run and hide.  I look back down in my hands, "I don't know what was wrong, I was just thinking about Jacks and..."  I look back up at Mace who has a confused look on his face.

Why did I mention Jacks?  I feel tears come to my eyes as I think about him now and I quickly blink them away. 

"I'm fine now, thanks Gavin."  I say looking at him.  He's looking at me with a weird expression, and I don't know what to think of it. 

"Ok, guys, you heard her.  Let's let her get some rest."  Mace says at last ushering them out of the room.  Before the door closes, Gavin turns around to look at me.  I don't know what he's thinking, but for some reason I don't want to know.  I turn over giving him a view of my back and a second later, I hear the soft click of the door.

"Where are you Jacks?"  I whisper to myself, tears streaming down my face.  Something must have happened to him, he wouldn't have just left me like he did.  I think about all the things that could have gone wrong, and I have a mental picture of him laying in a ditch somewhere, cold and shivering.  I start crying harder until my body is wracking with sobs.  Tonight, I cry myself to sleep.