68/ Approval

The rest of the week was spent soaking up every moment he possibly could with Jellybean, and Alice has joined in a few days as well.

She had taken Jellybean shopping the day before and stayed over to watch movies with her, FP and Jughead. She felt like she was really a part of his family and she couldn't be happier, the only thing that could make it better would be having her daughters with her as well.

"I vote you stay another week." FP suggests as he helps Jellybean pack her suitcase.

"Daddy," Jellybean chides. "I already missed a week of school, I've gotta go back."

"I'll homeschool you? And hey, Alice can teach English."

Alice raises an eyebrow at him. "I may be a journalist but I'm sure I would not make a good teacher."

Jellybean smiles. "I'll come visit again soon, don't worry. Maybe mom and I can come down in the summer, that way she can see Jughead and I can see you."

"Yeah, I'd love that kiddo."

"And Alice too." Jellybean adds, looking towards the woman. "If you want to."

Alice smiles at the girl. "I'd love to. I'm looking forward to it."

She grins at that. "Me too!"

The sound of gravel crunching under car tires catches their attention. "And that's your mom." He turns his head towards the kitchen where Jughead is typing away on his computer. "Hey Jug, your mom's here, you wanna go say hi?"

"Yeah, definitely." He's quickly out of his seat and heading towards the door.

FP smiles at him and looks back at Jellybean, pulling her into a bear hug. "This was an amazing surprise, Jellybelly. I love you."

"I love you too, dad." She looks towards Alice. "Bye Alice, it was nice meeting you, thanks for hanging out with me, I had fun." Jellybean shocks her by giving her a hug as well.

Alice hides her shock and hugs the girl back, finding FP smiling at the two of them."No, thank you, you made it fun."

"You ready to go, honey?"

"Yeah, let's go." She waves goodbye to Alice once more and then she's walking outside with FP.

"Hi baby," Gladys greets her daughter with a smile. "did you have a good time?"

"Yeah we had a lot of fun." Jellybean tells her, walking over to give her a hug. "I missed you though."

"I missed you too, honey." She pulls Jughead into the hug as well. "And I always miss you, you're growing like a weed."

Jughead smiles. "You gotta come visit us more often than."

"I already say we should come down in the summer." Jellybean says.

"I'm sure we can definitely do that." She looks towards FP. "As long as it's okay with you?"

"Definitely."

"Let's go put your bags in the car." Jughead says, taking one of the obviously heavy bags from his sister.

"Bye daddy, love you!"

"Love you too, honey. See you soon."

He watches as both of the kids go over to the car, putting Jellybean's bags in the trunk and laughing with each other.

"I hope you weren't busy. I wanted to call you and let you know she was coming but she insisted it be a surprise."

"Oh yeah, don't worry, I wasn't doing anything. Plus that was the best surprise ever."

She smiles at him. "Well I'm glad, she misses you a lot."

"I miss her too." He says, sad that she's leaving yet again. "I um... I should probably tell you, she met my girlfriend this week." FP tells her.

She smirks. "Your girlfriend, huh? So that's why your so smiley."

He blushes. "I was going to call Bean on the weekend but she showed up before then, and I know we didn't talk about it beforehand but Alice was already here when Jellybean showed up and-"

She cuts off his nervous rambling, knowing he won't stop. "FP, it's okay, I'm not mad."

He lets out a sigh of relief. "You're not?"

"No, not at all. She's old enough to decide whether she's ready to meet her dad's girlfriend or not, and she decided she was. I trust her opinion, and besides, she already called me and told me about her."

He blushes again. "Shit, she did?"

Gladys laughs a little. "Yeah, she only said good things though, I promise. Seems like this girlfriend of yours is Jellybean approved." She pauses. "She did tell me that she's Betty's mom. How's he handling it?"

"Surprisingly well, actually. I mean he likes to tease us but it's all out of good fun, he's not actually mad or anything. He was a little awkward at the start but he's really warmed up to the idea of us. Can't say the same for Betty though, she's been freezing Alice out."

"Well hopefully she comes around, I don't want you to lose this girl, she clearly makes you happy. You're beaming."

He smiles and pulls her in for a friendly hug. "Thanks Gladys," he says, his voice filled with pure joy. "Take care of yourself and Bean."

"I will, you do the same, and don't scar our son," She warns. "Those trailer walls are thin." She teases.

"Yeah yeah, get going." He waves to Jellybean. "Bye sweetheart, I'll talk to you soon. Love you!"

"Sucks that they have to go again." Jughead says sadly as Gladys and Jellybean drive away.

FP frowns and wraps an arm around his shoulder. "I know kid, but we'll visit soon. Or who knows, maybe they'll give us another surprise visit."

Jughead smiles at that and opens the door to head inside. He walks back to the kitchen to finish what he was working on on his computer, while FP walks over to Alice.

"Sad that she had to go, I know you miss her."

FP nods and joins her on the couch, wrapping his arm around her. "I think we're going to plan a visit in the summer so at least it's not too far away."

"Well since it's summer you'll be able to have an even longer visit, so that'll be nice."

"Yeah definitely." He smiles a little. "Gladys said Jellybean called her and told her that she met you."

Alice cringes a little. "Was she mad?" 

"No, not at all actually. She said that Jellybean only had good things to say." She grins at that.

"Well that's nice to hear."

"She also said that you've got the Jellybean stamp of approval."

She smiles and leans into him. "The Jellybean stamp of approval huh? That a pretty high honour."

"Well you've also got the FP stamp of approval." He points out.

"You know, something tells me I already knew that." She giggles and pulls him in for a kiss. "I love you."