60/ Fightin' Words

"You think Betty will notice if you don't come home?" FP questions from his bed as he watches Alice redress.

"Yes, FP, I do think she will notice if I don't come home. However, I am free tomorrow if you want to come keep me company."

"You know I'll never turn that down." He pats the spot next to him. "Come here."

She narrows her eyes at him. "I don't think that's a good idea, I'll never get out of here."

"That's kind of the point, babe. Come here"

"Fine," she agrees, walking over to the bed. "But only for a few minutes."

"Yeah, yeah." He hooks his arm around her waist and yanks her down onto the bed next to him. She giggles and pulls his face down to her own, kissing him slowly. He pulls back after a few moments and strokes his thumb along her cheek. "I think we should tell the kids."

Her eyes widen in shock. "You're joking right? Please tell me this is just some orgasm induced fever dream."

He shakes his head. "I'm serious, babe. If this is ever going to go outside of these walls we've got to tell them."

She sighs and trails her fingertips up his arm. "I just don't think it's a good idea, they're going to hate us."

"They're teenagers and we're their parents, don't they already hate us?"

"I suppose... do you really think we should tell them?"

He sighs and swings his legs over the side of the bed, slipping his discarded boxers on. "I don't know, I mean, it all depends on how you feel about me."

She quirks an eyebrow. "Meaning what?"

He scoffs. "Meaning, you know how I feel about you, Al. You know I love you, but I have no idea how you feel about me. I don't know if you love me, or if you just love my dick."

Alice gapes. "You're kidding me right?"

He shrugs. "I don't know, Alice. I mean, how am I supposed to know how you feel if you don't tell me?"

"You know how I feel about you."

"Then say it. I need to hear you say it!"

"I can't!" Alice chokes out, raising her voice louder than planned. She squeezes her eyes shut and takes a deep breath. "I can't say it."

He nods and turns towards his dresser, busting himself with finding something to wear. She can see his face in the mirror, can see his nostrils flaring as tries to keep it bottled in.

She sighs and gets up from his bed, walking over to him and pressing a kiss to his shoulder blade. "You know how I feel. But I can't say it, it's too complicated right now."

He meets her eyes in the mirror for a brief moment before she's slipping out the door and out of the trailer.

_____

Entertaining a house full of teenagers is the last thing Alice wanted to do after coming home from her fight with FP. But, there wasn't much she could do about it considering Betty brought them home with her without so much as checking with her.

Thankfully the four of them are relatively quiet, allowing Alice some peace and quiet on the couch, curled up with a book that she's barely registering as she thinks over her conversation with FP.

A door opens upstairs and she focuses back on actually reading the words in front of her, a puzzled expression crossing her features when Archie and Veronica come walking downstairs, looking extremely uncomfortable. Alice raises an eyebrow at the two of them. "Is everything alright, you two?"

"Betty and Jughead are having a little argument," Archie divulges. "we thought it was best to give them some privacy."

Alice's eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What are they arguing about?"

"I don't even know," Veronica sighs, sitting down in the armchair across from Alice. "They've been extremely hostile towards each other lately and they've been making little digs at each other all night."

"Oh, that's-" Alice's sentence is stopped short by the sound of Betty's door opening and Jughead thundering down the stairs. "Concerning."

"Hey Jug," Archie starts. "Is everything okay?"

"Yep. At least for me it is, can't say the same for other people." He huffs. "I'm heading out."

"Do you want to come over and talk for a bit?"

"I'm probably going to head to Pop's, clear my head, you can come if you want though."

The red-headed boy nods and grabs his jacket. "I think you could use the company." He turns towards Alice. "Thanks for letting us come over, Miss Smith."

"Of course, Archie. You're welcome whenever." She smiles sweetly at the boys. "Same goes for you, Jughead."

He nods. "Thanks Miss S. Have a good night."

Alice and Veronica look towards each other, both unsure of what to do. "I'm going to go check on her."

Alice nods. "That's probably best, she'll talk to you. If you need anything, let me know."

The girl nods and hurries upstairs to check on Betty, as Alice slumps back into the cushions.

Oh what a mess her life has become.