51/ Scar Tissue

Trigger warning: This chapter talks about abuse.

_____

"Thank you for such an amazing weekend, it was the best birthday." Alice tells him as they sit in her driveway.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, you deserved it." He presses a kiss to her lips. "I'll see you later?"

"Of course." She kisses him again. "Bye, Jonesy." She winks at him before getting out of his truck, fishing around in her purse for her keys.

She shuts the door behind her and hangs up her jacket, in a great mood from her weekend getaway with FP.

"Hey Miss Smith." She jumps at the unexpected sound and whirls around to see who it is, finding Jason Blossom sitting on her couch.

"Jason." She lets out a sigh of relief. "I didn't know you were here."

He chuckles. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I though Polly told you we were here."

"No, she didn't but welcome! I'm glad you two are visiting." She pulls the boy into a hug. "Where is Polly?"

"At her dad's, she said she and Betty would be home soon."

"Oh good, well make yourself comfortable, I'm just going to go freshen up before dinner."

_____

"I must say, I was pretty surprised that you two came to visit." Alice says as the four of them have dinner together. "I mean it was a nice surprise, don't get me wrong."

"Well, we do have a little something we wanted to give you." Polly says. She looks towards Jason. "Honey would you mind getting the presents?"

"Oooo presents!" Betty squeals.

"You didn't have to bring us anything, sweetheart." Alice tells her as Jason sets a small box in front of her.

"Yeah, yeah, just open them!"

Alice opens her box, and pulls out what she thinks is a just a plain photo, but when she turns it over her eyes grow wide. What she thought was a photo of the couple is actually an ultrasound, clearly showing two babies.

"Oh my god! You're pregnant?" Betty hasps, holding a pregnancy test in her hand.

Polly and Jason nod excitedly. "With twins!" Betty pulls them into a hug and Alice stares at the couple in disbelief, holding the ultrasound tightly in her hand.

"Mom?" Polly says softly. "What are you thinking?"

"I... um... are you sure about this?"

"Mom!" Betty scolds.

"What? I'm just saying, you two haven't been together that long, and you're so young, a baby is a big responsibility, especially two."

"We know that, we talked about that before we started trying."

"So this was planned?"

Polly scoffs. "I know you think I'm a child and that I'm not responsible but yes, this was planned." She rolls her eyes and stands up from her seat. "I don't know why I thought you'd be happy for me, I should've known better." She storms off upstairs and Jason follows after her.