7/ A Lonely Night

In the divorce she and Hal had worked out their own custody plan, wanting to keep Betty and Polly's best interest at heart. They decided that the girls would primarily live with Alice and would stay at Hal's every other weekend. Of course, they have the option to stay with him whenever else they want but it seemed more practical to have them stay with Alice since she got the house.

Even though she knew that eventually Betty would be going to stay with Hal, it doesn't make it any easier. "Is his house cold? Bring a sweater just in case." Alice tells her from her position on the bed.

Betty smiles. "Mom, calm down, I'm just going for a couple of nights I'll be back before you know it."

"But I'm going to miss you," Alice frowns. "What am I supposed to do all by myself this weekend?"

"Invite Hermione over, go shopping, go see a movie." Betty suggests.

"Or you can stay home and go shopping and see a movie with me!"

"I stayed here last weekend mom, I miss dad, I know you don't, but he's still my dad and I want to see him." Betty tells her, chucking some extra clothes into her bag.

"Oh sweetheart, I know, I'm just kidding. I know you miss your father and I'm glad you're going to spend some time with him, I just know I'm going to be bored without you here, that's all."

Betty offers her a smile. "You can text me still, keep me updated on how you're passing the time without me home, tell me you're counting the minutes until I'm home again." Alice laughs. "You always focus all of your attention into Polly and I, it's time you focus on yourself for once."

_____

She does just that. She has plans to take a bath, read a book, drink some wine, basically just relax, but it seems like that's not going to be the plan for much longer.

Her phone lights up with a text from FP, and she smiles as she reads it. "Can I call you?"

She responds with a quick yes and answers as soon as he calls.

"Hey sexy." He speaks into the phone, even his voice is incredibly sexy to her.

"Hey. Wasn't expecting a call from you tonight, it's late."

"Did I bother you?"

"No, not at all. Betty went to her dad's for the weekend, so I've just been entertaining myself."

He chuckles. "I like the sound of that."

She rolls her eyes fondly. "Get your mind out of the gutter, you know what I mean."

"What have you been up to tonight?"

"Well, I've watched some TV, I've cleaned the house up, and before you called I was thinking about taking a bath, reading a book, having some wine."

"Sounds like a good night you've got planned."

"A lonely night though." She hints.

He takes the bait. "Would you like some company?"

She smiles. "Definitely. Come over."

_____

15 minutes later he's knocking on her front door, and she hurries downstairs. She had slipped on something a little more risque under her robe, and she can't wait for him to see it.

"Hi." She greets him with seductive smile and steps aside to let him in.

"Hey," he lets his eyes take in his surroundings as Alice locks the front door. "Nice place, not that I really expected anything less."

"I somehow convinced Hal to let me have the house, still surprised he actually went with it, though he did get to keep the car."

"He gave up a house for the car?"

"Brand-new convertible he had bought a few months before, like he would give it up."

FP chuckles and dips his head down to kiss her softly. "So, we have the house to ourselves?"

"Mhm." She kisses him again. "And I have a little surprise for you."

"You do?" She nods and unties her robe while she kisses him, she takes his hand and places it on her hip, so he can feel the lace of her lingerie underneath. "I think I really like this surprise." He pulls away from her lips to take a look at her. "No, I definitely like this surprise."

She smiles and links her fingers with his, leading him upstairs and into her bedroom. He takes in his surroundings with wide eyes until Alice snaps him out of it. "Are you just going to stare at my house all day or are we going to have some fun?" She teases, taking her robe off and draping it over a chair.

Her question is answered when she feels him press his body up against her back, his hands skimming down her sides. "Fun. Definitely fun." His lips press a kiss to the side of her neck, and she leans her head back to give him more access.

"I'll give you a house tour afterwards if you want." She jokes.

He turns her around and nudges her, so she'll lay back on the bed. His lips immediately pressing kisses up the length of her throat. "I'd much rather take a tour of you."