16/ I Wish Lunch Could Last Forever

Her phone rings a little after Jughead comes to pick up Betty, she knows it's FP, he'll always call her around this time, knowing both kids are gone to school.

She smiles when she sees that it's indeed FP. "Hey handsome."

He grins. "Hey, Al. I'm not interrupting anything am I?"

"Not at all." She sits down and rests her head on her hand. "What are you up to?"

"I'm just getting ready for work, I had a question for you though."

"Ask away."

"Do you want to come spend my lunch break with me?

"I'd love to. What time?"

"Any time between twelve and one."

"I'll be there."

"Looking forward to it."

_____

The bell above the door rings as she walks inside the diner. FP looks out from the kitchen and smiles upon seeing her. He tells Pop he's going on his lunch, orders something for them to eat, and then hurries out to see her.

Her face lights when she sees him walk out of the kitchen. He takes a glance around the diner and when noticing it's practically empty, save for a couple who are much too entranced in their own conversation to pay attention them, kisses her hello. "FP were in public." She scolds, though she leans in for another kiss nonetheless.

"No one's paying attention." He points out with a smirk. He takes her hand and leads her over to the counter. "I ordered you a burger, hope that's alright, I can change it if not."

"No that's perfect, thank you." She cups his face and kisses his cheek.

"FP," Pop calls from the back. He comes out with their food. "Your food is ready." He looks at Alice and then back at FP with knowing smile. "Enjoy you two."

"Thanks, Pop." He walks to the very far corner of the restaurant and they tuck themselves into the booth. "Alright, help yourself to whatever. I didn't know if fries or onion rings were the better idea so I got both."

They wrap themselves up in easy conversation as they eat, playing footsies under the table,  both so lost in their own little world.

_____

She comes over to his side of the booth once they finish their food and he curls his arm around her. "You should come spend lunch with me more often, I like this. It's nice to be able to go out and not have to worry about the kids catching us."

"Agreed. I'll come whenever you want me to."

"Yeah?" He raises an eyebrow at her and she nods.

"I like being with you, I know our relationship is... special, but I like spending time with you doing things besides each other."

He chuckles and presses a nipping kiss to her neck. "Well we have a lot of fun doing each other."

She laughs. "Hey, I'm not saying we don't." She places her hand on his thigh and slides it up higher as she speaks. "We have a lot of fun."

"Hey you, stop it." He chuckles.

"What? Am I getting you excited?" She asks with a naughty smirk as she gives him a squeeze through the fabric.

"Yes. And you're going to get me fired."

She leans in and kisses his jaw. "Well, the less time you have to spend here the more time you can spend in my bed."

"As tempting as that is I do have a son I need to provide for so I need to keep my job."

"I'll give you a job if you come home with me for a bit. Blow or hand, your choice." She runs her hand over his pants again. This woman is going to be the death of him, he's sure of it, he's also sure that he won't mind one bit.

"What's gotten into you today?" He chuckles, taking her hand in his to keep her from teasing him further. He brushes a kiss to her knuckles and entwines their fingers.

"You." She says as she leans her head on his shoulder, he laughs. "Plus the kids haven't been going out much so we haven't gotten to see each other lately, I've missed you. This is the first time I've seen you in person in what? Three days?"

"Has it really only been three days? Felt like a week." He kisses her forehead. "I've missed you too though. Think you can sneak out of the house tonight without Betty catching you?" The smile that erupts on her face is pure bliss.

"I think that can be arranged."

"I'll text you when Jug goes to bed and you can come over whenever you can get away."

"What if he wakes up?"

"Please, you know Jug sleeps like the dead. You'll just have to be quiet." He teases.

"You're one to talk." She kisses him softly and then slides out of the booth. "I have to go back to the register now but I'll see you later." He stands up and grabs her hips, kissing her deeply before she goes.

"Looking forward to it." He kisses her once more and she groans.

"I need to get out of here before I rip that uniform off of you."

"Maybe I'll wear it tonight just for you."

"Oh don't tease me like that." She says before walking out the door, leaving him smiling like a fool in the middle of the diner.