34/ Home

"Hi honey," Alice says as she hears Betty coming downstairs. She looks toward and sees the grin on her daughter's face. "What's got you so smiley?"

"I just got off the phone with Juggie, he's home."

Alice has to fight the urge to smile. She knew they were coming back today but she hasn't checked her phone to know if they'd made it back yet.

"That's nice, I bet you two are excited to see each other."

"Definitely. We're spending the entire day tomorrow. We're going to dinner, seeing a movie."

"That sounds fun, I know how much you've missed him."

"Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that and also let you know that I'm going to bed."

Alice smiles. "It's nine thirty, you must really be excited for tomorrow."

"It's been two weeks since I've seen him, I missed him like crazy."

Alice could say the same about FP.

"Goodnight honey. I love you."

"Love you too, see you in the morning." Betty heads upstairs and Alice picks up her phone off the coffee table.

She has a text from FP awaiting her and she quickly opens it:
I'm home. Can't wait to see you. Give me a call when you can?

She locks the front door and turns off the lights before heading upstairs. She slips into a pair of pyjamas and pulls out her phone again, texting FP to see if she can call him. Her phone rings shortly after she sends the text, answering the question for her.

"Hey you, I've missed you." She smiles into the phone.

"I've missed you too, it's good to be back."

"How was the trip?"

"So good. Seeing my baby girl was definitely the highlight of my trip."

"I'm glad you got to see her, I can only imagine how much you must miss her being so far away. I know how hard it was for me with Polly not talking to me, I can only imagine being in your shoes."

"It definitely makes seeing her even more special. I cherished every single moment, she's growing up so fast." He sighs. "I'm glad Polly's talking to you again, I know how much you missed her."

"It was such an amazing surprise. I was even happy to see that awful boyfriend of hers." FP laughs on the other line and she smiles. "When do I get to see you, handsome?"

He chuckles. "Someone missed me, huh?"

She fondly rolls her eyes. "You already know I did."

He chuckles. "I missed you too, I was about to ask you the same thing. You free tomorrow after the kids go to school?"

"Free as a bird."

"Great. I'll text you when Jughead leaves and you can come over."

"Looking forward to it. I can't wait to see you again, it's been way too long without you, I've had to take care of myself since I didn't have you to assist me." She smirks, knowing that image will drive him nuts.

"Fuck, how am I supposed to wait all night to see you?" She hears some shuffling around and she knows he's locking his bedroom door, she smiles a little, knowing all too well what's coming next. "Now tell me more about this taking care of yourself stuff."

_____

"Can you please extend my curfew?"

"Elizabeth, your curfew is already ten o'clock. What could you two possibly be doing after ten o'clock on a Monday?"

"I don't know, I just haven't seen him in so long, I already don't want to leave him."

"Well you can spend all week and weekend with him."

"So no curfew extension?" Betty questions.

Alice shakes her head. "Sorry honey."

"It's fine. We're going out with Veronica and Archie and their friends."

"How are they handling their parents being together?"

"Good, V says that Archie's kind of annoying but other than that it's going good."

"Well she's used to being an only child, you and Polly are the closest thing she's ever had to siblings." Alice says. "I can imagine suddenly having a step brother is a little strange to get used to."

"Apparently Hermione and Fred are talking about moving in together." Betty adds.

"Yeah Hermione mentioned that to me, they're moving fast. But, like Fred says, when you know you know. Plus they're really good for each other, you can just tell how much love they have for one another."

"Yeah it's sweet. Though I could live without seeing them shoving their tongues down each other's throats every time they're alone." Betty cringes.

"You're telling me. I'll get up to get a drink and when I come back they're all over each other." Alice looks at the clock. "You might want to get going, kiddo."

"Right! I get to see Juggie." She quickly eats the rest of her cereal and pecks a kiss to Alice's cheek. "Bye mom, see you later."

"Have a good day, honey."

Alice checks her phone after Betty leaves and sure enough there's a text from FP five minutes ago. She tells him she's on her way and grabs her car keys, more than ready to see him again.

_____

His door opens as soon as she pulls up and he steps out into his tiny front porch, a giddy grin on his face at the sight of her.

She hurries out of her car and walks up the steps to him. "Hey-" she doesn't get a chance to finish her sentence because his hands cup her face and he pulls her into a kiss. A long, slow, kiss that they both melt right into.

When he pulls away he rests his forehead against hers. "Sorry, hi. I've been waiting to do that for two weeks. It's been way too long since I last kissed you."

"It's been way too long since you last did anything to me," She corrects, pressing another kiss to his lips before stepping inside, him following close behind her. "We're going to remedy that today though, right?" She questions as she follows him into his bedroom.

"Oh definitely." FP assures her. Stepping so close to her that she can feel his breath on her skin. "You're not leaving my bed until absolutely necessary."

"Believe me, I'm fine with that." She drapes her arms around his neck, she's missed being able to touch him. "I've thought lots about what I want to do to you when you get back and what I want you to do to me."

"Mmm, I'm excited."

"You should be." She smiles and sits down on the edge of his bed. "Now, pants off Jones."