30/ Making Memories Of Us

She has no idea what he could possibly have to talk to her about, she's gone over every single thought but she just can't place it. Is his wife coming back? Does he have a girlfriend? Is he ending their arrangement? Is he moving away? She has no idea.

She drives over as soon as he texts her and knocks on the door when she arrives. He opens it quickly. "Hi, handsome." She smiles.

"Hey, sexy," he takes her hand and tugs her towards him. "Get in here." She laughs but the sound is quickly muffled as his lips cover hers.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Alice asks and he chuckles.

"Eager, Al?"

She nods and walks past him into the living room. "I've been going over every single thing that you could possibly have to tell me."

"I promise it's nothing bad it's just something I wanted to tell you."

She raises an eyebrow at him. "Yeah not helping me be any less anxious."

He laughs. "Sorry." He takes her hand and gives it a comforting squeeze. "So you know how Gladys lives in Toledo?"

"Yeah?"

"Well she has Jellybean this year for Christmas so I was going to see if I could have her the week before, you know, have an early Christmas with her?"

Alice smiles, the love he has for his children is one of her favourite things about him. "That's really sweet. Did she say yes?"

"Well not exactly." Alice raises an eyebrow at him. "She invited Jug and I to come down to Toledo for Christmas break."

"Oh." She says quietly. "That'll be really nice."

"Yeah I guess so... I just felt like it was something I should tell you. So are you cool with that?"

"You're getting to see your daughter, FP. No matter how I feel about you spending two weeks with your ex in Toledo, I would never keep you away from your children."

"I hope you know that nothing is going to happen between Gladys and I."

"FP, even if something did happen... you don't have to explain yourself. "

"I know I don't have to explain myself or anything but Gladys and I... we're done for good, there's nothing there anymore. There's no chance that anything will happen between us."

She smiles softly. "Okay. Is it stupid if I say I'm relieved?"

He laughs. "Not at all, that's why I wanted to tell you." He leans over and gives her a kiss. "You're the only one I'm sleeping with."

"Well that's good." She kisses him again and rests her forehead against his. "Promise me something though?"

"Sure."

"If you two do end up sleeping together, you'll get yourself tested before you try and get in my pants again?"

He laughs and pulls her into another kiss, sweeping his tongue into her mouth. "Deal."

"Mmm," she hums against his lips. "When do you leave?"

"Thursday after Jug gets home from school."

"Well then every day until then I'm coming over and I'm making sure you have memories of me while you're away." She scoots closer to him and straddles his lap. "I'm going to make sure you don't forget anything about me, I want you to remember it all. How I kiss you, how I taste, how I feel..." she trails off as she starts pressing kisses up his neck.

"Fuck, Alice." He stands up with her wrapped around him and carries them both off to his bedroom.

_____

"Damn." FP breathes out heavily. Alice laughs as she lays her head on his chest, both of them sweating and trying to even their breathing. "Maybe I should take you with me to Toledo, I don't know if I can be away from you for that long."

"Ditto. That's why I'm making the next three days extra memorable."

"I'm definitely going to enjoy these next few days." He presses a kiss to the top of her head and traces his fingertips up her spine. "Though, I will have cell service out there so we can have a little fun on the phone too."

"Ooo, that's always fun." She looks up at him with a naughty smirk. "I am going to miss you though, as stupid as that may sound."

"I know, I'll miss you too." He wraps his arms around her a little tighter. "But we'll have lots of fun getting reacquainted when I get back."

"That's true." She smirks. "You better get some ideas in mind mister, because when you get back, I'm not letting you out of bed."

"Is that a threat? Because threats are supposed to be scary." He chuckles and kisses her, smiling against her lips when she pulls him with her as she rolls onto her back.