31/ Two Weeks

The morning has gone by slowly, FP had gotten called in for a shift last minute, causing their plans to be cancelled, much to their dismay. He and Jughead are set to leave after the boy is home from school.

She's not expecting any company so she's confused when there's a knock on her door. She gets up to answer it, smiling like a fool when she sees FP standing there. "What are you doing here? I thought you were working?"

"Pop let me off early," he tells her. "Figured I'd come spend as much time with you as I can before Jug and I have to leave."

She steps aside to let him come in and drapes her arms over his shoulders, giving him a kiss. "Well I'm glad you're here, I had some fun planned for us today, I was disappointed we had to cancel."

"I'm intrigued."

"You should be. I'm making sure you remember me while you're gone."

"I could never forget you, Al." He kisses her again. "Lead the way, sexy." She smiles at him and takes his hand, leading him upstairs.

_____

"Yeah I'm definitely going to remember that," FP breathes out as Alice curls into his side. "Holy shit."

She laughs. "I figured since it's our last time together for a few weeks I'd make it extra memorable." She gives him a kiss and looks over at the clock. "Unfortunately, that means we don't have much time left."

"That's a damn shame." He draws her closer and presses a kiss to the top of her head. "But on the bright side, I'll be able to call you while in Toledo so it's not like we'll be completely deprived of one another."

"Yeah but I'll be deprived of one of my favourite parts of you." She slips her hand low on his waist and he chuckles, capturing it in his own.

"That's why they invented Skype, babe."

"Pretty sure the invention of Skype was to keep friends and family in touch, not for impromptu video chat sex." She corrects, slowly pulling herself away from him so they can both get redressed.

"Well that's how I plan on using it." He gets out of bed and slips into his clothes. He walks over to Alice and wraps his arms around her waist. "I guess I should get going."

"I guess so." She leans up to press a kiss to his lips. "I'll walk you out."

She leads him to the front door and leans against it as he walks out. "I'll see you in two weeks."

She smiles softly at him. "I look forward to it. I'm going to rock your world, Jones."

He chuckles. "You already do, Smithy." He captures her lips in a long, slow kiss. "I'm..." he shakes his head and smiles at her. "See ya soon, Al."

"Bye, FP." She bites her lip as she watches him drive away. Two weeks can't come quick enough.

_____

"Hey mom." Betty greets as she walks in.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?"

"Good." She sits down beside Alice on the couch. "Juggie left for Toledo though."

"I know honey, I'm sorry. But two weeks will come before you know it, and you can call him while he's there."

"Yeah but it's not the same as getting to see him." She sighs but her frown quickly turns into a devilish smirk. "I do have something for you though."

Alice raises an eyebrow at her daughter. "What is it?"

"A date!" Betty excitedly tells her.

"I don't follow."

"Veronica and I set you up on a blind date, you're going out on Friday."

Her stomach drops. "Excuse me?"

"Well I told her that you were having one night stands, which we both agreed is gross and could possibly be dangerous, and we thought we would set you up on a date."

Alice's moth falls open. "Elizabeth, my romantic life is none of your business. I'm perfectly capable of finding someone on my own, but I'm not even interested in dating right now."

"Mom, sleeping around is just your way of coping with the divorce, I know you're lonely, especially while I'm at dad's. Just... please give this guy a real chance."

Alice sighs, there's no way she's getting out of this. "Fine. But after this, no more meddling in my love life."

"I don't think I'll have to worry about that, I have a good feeling about this date."

Oh if only Betty knew just how wrong she was. Because unbeknownst to Betty, Alice's heart already belongs to someone else, even if she doesn't realize it.