14: Day 6: Alone Time

Start from the beginning

"If I'm such a burden to you, if our marriage is such a burden to you, then go do something you actually want  to do!" Yoongi turned around, stomping down the hall to their bedroom. "I'll leave you alone so you don't have to deal with a fetus."

"Wait, kitten!" Jungkook uncrossed his arms and hurriedly trailed after Yoongi. "That's not what I meant!"

"Go away, Jungkook," Yoongi spat, turning back to face Jungkook while standing in the doorway to their room. "You don't have to babysit me anymore."

"I didn't mean it like that!"

"Yeah, well you said it like that! You must have meant it, even only a little, to have said it like that."

"Spending time with you isn't a burden to me, kitten! I would never see our marriage as a burden!"

"Get out," Yoongi hissed, shoving Jungkook away from the door.

Jungkook took that opportunity to wrap his arms around Yoongi's waist.

"Come on, kitten! Please calm down! What do you want to do? Do you want to cuddle? I can cuddle with you," Jungkook pleaded.

Yoongi slapped Jungkook's arms away, even more angry and upset than before. "Jungkook, are you trying to pacify  me? What the h*ll?! You're trying to lay me down for a nap, aren't you? You still think I'm a cranky child!"

Jungkook winced, realizing his mistake a little too late. 

"No, baby, I--"

"Don't call me a baby!" Yoongi hissed, backing into the bedroom and then slamming and locking the door to shut Jungkook out.

Jungkook rushed to the door and tried opening it, upset when he realized he had been locked out. Jungkook sighed, leaning his forehead against the door.

"I'm sorry, kitten. I know you're not a child anymore, and I didn't mean to make you feel upset."

"Go away," Yoongi answered through the door.

"Please let me in, kitten," Jungkook begged. "I promise there's nothing I'd rather do than spend time with you."

"I want to be alone right now," Yoongi said dismissively. "And I'd appreciate it if you would stop standing around trying to get in. I'm not going to open the door."

Jungkook finally gave up and walked out to the living room, sitting down to watch TV alone. He felt kind of guilty for treating Yoongi like he wasn't a capable adult, but he tried to make himself feel better by reassuring himself that he had just been worried for his safety. 

Yoongi went to his dresser and took a book off of the top before going to settle himself down on the bed. He was no longer in the mood to walk around, and he just wanted to read and cool off. 

~~~~~

A few hours later as it was starting to get dark, Jungkook came up with a plan to make Yoongi feel better. For starters, he had made the same chocolate chip pancakes that Yoongi had made for him a few days prior. 

Yoongi had calmed down a while ago, and was now just peacefully reading alone on their bed, getting his much needed time to recharge. As he flipped another page, he heard a knock on the door, and he looked up.

"Hey, Yoongi?" He heard Jungkook call out from behind the door. "I made dinner. It's getting kinda late, so I was hoping that we could eat now before it gets too late at night."

Yoongi felt that he had spent enough time by himself for now, so he quietly got up and put his book down on his dresser before heading to the door and opening it up.