Chapter 21 - Bloody Memory

I am currently editing this chapter and the ones after it. Feel free to continue reading but keep on mind that the plot will have some modifications in the future and that somethings may not coincide with what you read before.

  He smirks. "Gladly."

  My fingers touch the cold bracelet. "Won't Dominic hear my thoughts?"

  "I can be your shield during some time."

  "And you?"

  He grabs my forearms with his hands, its coldness making me shiver. "I'll make the memory appear as soon as you take the bracelet. No time to hear anything."

  I bit my bottom lip, still hesitant.

  "Kiara, take the damn bracelet! I don't have the entire day!" His voice is impatient but his eyes, his expression is still blank.

My fingers close around the bracelet. Will I make a mistake? Is it the good choice? Allow someone to play with my mind, risk to get it controlled by someone I don't know? You can play with her later. Kiara is not a threat. Her parents are dead. Katherine and Dominic's voices are in my head, their words being repeated again and again. They have some dangerous plan and I am part of it. A plan that included my parents' death. They killed them. I am alone, in pain, away from the ones I most love, because of them. I stare at Danton, impatience growing at each second and I know. Even if it is a huge risk I will do it. I need more reasons to want him death, I need to feed my burning anger with more proofs.

I take the bracelet and Danton's cold fingers touch my temples, his eyes finding mine, his silver powerful gaze demanding my attention. And then his memory hits me.

"Lady Nadine is an amazing choice, dear brother!" My Brother says, amusement clear in his voice, while we walk side by side. We are almost in the castle. Finally we will be able to have some rest!

I look at him with my best deadly glare but he doesn't seem bothered by it, the stupid smile still on his face.

"Let's make a deal, I will spend a day with Lady Nadine if you spend a day with her sister, Lady Rosemary." I whisper.

He laughs, forgetting for a moment his position and what's expecting from a King. It's not as if it was a big deal. We are now in front of the castle door and there's no one near us. I can't help but laugh too. "Never mind!" He declares.

"That's what I thought." I say. We listen steps in our direction and we pull ourselves together, smiles disappearing, replaced by serious expressions and cold stares. We are the Kings of the Vampires, raised to be leaders, to control an entire race. We are not allowed to show emotions. Emotions make us weak.

A guard stops in front of us. I can smell his fear and panic. What happened? He bows in front of us, trembling. I try to read his thoughts but it's difficult. He is too afraid, too stressed to make any coherent thought. A discrete glance towards my Brother tells me he is feeling the same difficulty.

"What do you want?" My Brother asks, his powerful voice echoing through the hall of the castle. We were in one of those boring social events and now we are finally at home - if someone can call a giant castle home - and we want to relax and not more problems.