V3 - Chapter Thirty.

𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐎 "𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐓" 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐒

              Our food left was placed in the Waffle House takeout containers before heading straight to the hospital. Larenz was highly anxious when I made it; pacing back and forth, biting his fingernails, and rambling on about if he was ready to become a father — which was quite too late to be questioning. Although, I understand since it was only his nerves talking. I had managed to talk some sense into him so he could calm down to keep Ole' girl nerves down.

I had decided to settle in the waiting room; aware of this about be a long wait. For a while, I busied myself with watching sports highlights on my phone before the battery was at a low percentage. Then, I leaned back in the chair until my eyes shut due to being up all morning.

. . .

That is until I felt someone tapping me and quickly woke.

I blinked to clear my vision as I looked around reminding me where I was. A feeling of weight on my lap made me stare downward where I seen Mercedes head. She was sleep in a fetal position with her arms and half her legs tucked into her big sweatshirt.

Coming to full consciousness, the cold air around the hospital made goosebumps appear onto my body.

"Pop?" Larenz snapped his finger near my face. "You woke?"

"Are my eyes open?"

"I just came to tell you; y'all can go and lay down cause she only at a four. Doctor talkin' bout he might not be here until later on and it's already four." He let me know.

"Damn, how long was I sleep?"

"A good minute. Y'all go 'head, I'll call once he actually out. And Camila said she over her friends house. She tried calling you but I let her know you was sleep."

I nodded, stretching my arms above my head as he walked away. I start gently shaking Mercedes to wake her up and she only shifted slyly.

"Cedes, come on."

Mercedes only mumbled and giggled inwardly.

"Girl, come on 'cause the baby ain't gon' be here til later on."

Again, she doesn't budge, but start giggling in her sleep. Somehow, it switched to familiar low whimpers, in which I knitted my brows to. A quick chuckle left my throat when I realized she was moaning in her sleep.

This must have been on hell of a dream because she start squirming and her whimpers increased and her straight, top teeth embedded in her bottom lip. Her sounds caught the attention of the elderly man and his wife sitting not to far away.

I shook her harder. "Aight, Cedes, you gotta audience."

She jumped up quickly with her eyes enlarged. "Was I–"

"Havin' a wet dream? Yes ma'am." I snickered at her palming her face in embarrassment. I stood up and added, "Sound like music to my ears."

"Shut up," she said, pushing her arms through the sweatshirt. "We leaving?"

"Yeah; he won't be here 'til later on. Larenz gone call me."