V2 - Chapter Twenty Two.

𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎

               My hand tapped nervously against the steering wheel as I patiently waited in the driver seat of my car, parked in front of Aalea's apartment building. A new month and she has been ignoring me for a couple of weeks. No returning my calls or texts. I even tried showing up at her classes, but somehow, she dodged me. Neither her or Gianna cars parked in their usual spots so I knew they were not home. And for the passed hour I've been waiting here. About to give-up I leaned forward to rev the ignition, but hearing a vehicle approaching caught my attention.

My head turned to look out of the window and landed on her Nissan Altima  steer into a parking spot a vehicle over from mine. When I seen both doors open I stepped out of mine and walked to where she parked. Aalea and Marshay closed their doors and laughed when she realized I approached them.

"What up Shay?" My head nod greeted while I tucked my hands in my pockets, "How yo brotha?"

"Sharif. And long recovery." She spoke coldly — expected since their best friends and I know she told her about what I done.

"That's, uh, good." My eyes averted to Aalea and she avoided my eye contact, "Can I talk to—"

"No. Let's go Shay."

She and Marshay started to walk, but I gently grabbed her arm. "Baby–"

"Don't you touch me!" She pushed me by my chest and a scowled face, "Don't you ever t-touch me."

"Okay, okay..." I raised my hands and spoke softly, "I won't touch you. I just want to talk, baby."

She gulped as she held eye contact with me. She handed her house-keys over to Marshay and assured she would be in there soon. She left us both alone and silence built between us.

"You wanted to talk. . . so?"

"Can we talk inside? Kinda cold out here."

"Bye."

"Okay, okay," I quickly spoke and she turned around to face me again. "We can talk out here. Aight, baby, listen I can't apologize so fuckin' much how sorry I am for what I done. But — I need you to know I didn't even remember it happening. Dre and Jaheim had to tell me."

"You could've killed me," her voice breaks.

"I know, baby, I want so sorry."

"What happened? Where did you go?"

"I blacked out," I informed her. "I, uh, used to have blackouts in elementary when my Pop was around. Counselor claimed it was some P.T.S.D shit from my childhood. But when he got incarcerated they stopped. I ain't blacked out in nine years; almost ten since he got locked up."

"So. . . why are they back?" She queried and folded her arms her breasts, "Is it because of his appeal and that he might be getting out? Cause we've had a lot of arguments and you've never done that. Do you think he's a trigger?"

"I don't know and not concerned with him. Only thing I care bout right now is that you accept my apology. I blacked out and can't remember shit. I promise I woulda never put my hands on you like that. You know me."