V2 - Chapter Thirty Seven.

𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀 𝐉𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐙

               Four months later — May. Standing in front of the white framed, full-body mirror in the room with gray carpeted floors and a black, five-piece Queen bedroom set with charcoal-sand comforter. I had on a baby blue, figure-skimming thin-strap midi dress and clear, block-heel sandals. Sun-kissed and defined, my hair was silk pressed and touching my hip. A gold, mini cross layered necklace and gold mini square door-knocker earrings. As I breath heavily, I moved both sides of my hair behind my ears.

My new bedroom door opened and Marisol peaked her head. "You ready to go or just stare at yourself?" She asked, footing further into my bedroom with her gold sandals paired with a white, lace sheer flare leg pants and matching hook-front crop top. "You already late," she added.

"Yeah. . . ready."

We left the room, and descending down to the first floor of the townhouse where twenty-year-old Aalea and eleven-year-old Jasmine standing in the large foyer with shiny hardwood floor. Aalea wore a baby blue, satin pleated blazer dress and gold strappy heels while Jasmine had on a baby blue, square-neck bodysuit with distressed, tapered skinny jeans and white, Superstar Adidas.

"How are you late to your own babyshower?" Aalea asked, shaking her head as she looked at the gold wristwatch. "A whole half an hour Asia. Seriously?"

"Not like I want to be there..."

We all stepped out into the two-car garage to Aalea's car.

"I don't see why you complaining," Marisol commented. "You gotta rich-ass baby daddy that put you and your sisters into a bomb-ass townhouse to be away from Momma and her bum boyfriend. Be proud about that."

"Cannot be proud about nothing you never wanted." Pulling open the passenger door, I climbed in with my sister's in unison.

"Well. . . he is already baking and ready to come out in three months."

I breathed heavily, "Can we just... go?"

"Sure thing," She backed out of the garage and says, "Just an f-y-i, I have to leave right after your baby shower."

"Why?"

"Cause your college's graduation ceremony?" I asked remembering her telling me about that.

"No," She responded driving onto the highway. "I'm going out of town with Sharif and DeAndre to Six Flags—"

"Ooh, can I go?" Jasmine eagerly asked.

"Sorry, not happening." She replied as Jasmine sucked her teeth.

"Who is DeAndre taking?"

"Ain't no telling with him," She shrugged. "DeAndre's dad is paying for our hotel stay and Six Flag passes."

"I thought his Dad wasn't around?"

"He's not, but he sends money."

"Oh, one of those." I chuckled lightly, "Sure you can trust... him, alone and by yourself?"

Glancing at me she says, "he's been doing much better — much better. I trust us being together alone."

I nodded and looked out the window, "alright. Have fun."