V2 - Chapter Thirty Five.

𝐆𝐈𝐎𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍

You've reached the voice— my thumb rammed the red button after getting his voicemail once more. My pointed-toe, block heel booties padded against the pathway towards the two-story house. Just as I approached the few stairs of the porch, the front door opened and one of Jace's fraternity brothers Jackson emerging and shutting the door behind him. When his green orbs spotted me, he smiled and says, "how's it going Giovanni?"

"Good, thanks. Jace inside?"

"Yeah. He's been sulking for weeks," he confirmed, "What did you do?"

I chuckled as I walked up on the porch, "Why do I always have to do something?"

"Cause he spent weeks telling us if you show up that he's not here."

My shoulders slumped, "oh. . . really?"

"Yelp. But I'm not about to do that. He clearly loves you. It's just... you."

"Me?"

"Worrying about what everyone thinks. My brother loves you. Don't lose him. Doors unlocked." He offered a final smile before walking off.

I stood in front of the door — inhale, exhale. My small hands wrapped around the doorknob and pausing for a second. Gaining the strength to walk in, I twisted the doorknob and walked in. I closed the door behind me and looked around the entryway. I could overhear the television on in the living room resulting in me to foot in that direction. I spotted him on the tan couch and butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey..."

His eyes landed on me and quickly glossed in irritation.

"I know you told me Jackson—"

"Why are you here?"

". . . To talk."

Rolling his eyes, he looked away and leaned forward on his knees.

"I'm over the talking Giovanni. It's the same shit over and over again. I'm done with having that conversation. You're clearly never going to accept—"

"Let's go to Maryland." I quickly intervened before he could speak any further.

He looked at me in confusion, "what?"

"Let's go to Maryland..." I reiterated, "Next step into accepting us; this, is meeting your family. You've met mine and it went great. Well, maybe not the very first time but that wasn't intentional. My resistance and fear is coming from what your family would think about me."