V2 - Chapter Eight.

              Consciously I'm awaken by the aroma of breakfast being made

Consciously I'm awaken by the aroma of breakfast being made. My eyebrows scrunched when I opened my eyes to my dark bedroom due to my curtains being closed. I tossed my feet, sitting at the edge of my full-sized bed onto the carpet only being in my boxers. Rubbing my face and into my curly hair, I stood from the bed and went to go use the bathroom. Once my hands were washed and dry, I footed down the carpet staircase and into the kitchen and nearing I heard the bacon sizzling.

My mind was even more tangled when I saw my mother standing at the stove in her usual lavender silk pajamas short set and house slippers. Her tawny brown skin glowed and collarbone hair pulled up into a messy bun.

"M-mom?"

She peered over at me with her beautiful smile. "Good morning, baby. You hungry? I just finished cooking your favorite." she footed towards me with a plate of breakfast. "Cheese grits, honey maple bacon, and two over easy eggs just for you, honey."

With my mind still conflicted, I sit at the barstool at the island. She cups my face and done what she's been doing since I was young; placing two kisses on my cheeks and last one on my forehead. I ended up grabbing one of her hand that's placed on my cheek and relaxed my body.

"There we go," she smiled at me before walking over to the stove.

"I'm confused, Momma. I thought. . ." I paused getting choked up. "I thought you died."

"Died?" She repeated, looking at me in confusion.

My body jumped from the barstool, knocking it over when I saw two bullet holes bleeding through her pajama shirt and her skin start turning gray.

"M-momma, y-you—"

Her body started to quiver as she touched the blood spots. "Larenz— Larenz!"

. . .

. . .

My body jumped up from my mattress with my mother's voice echoing in my head. My heart quickly thumped against my chest, panting heavily. I looked around my dark bedroom and realized it was a dream. Empty bottles of Vodka surrounds me. Releasing a heavy breath I ran my hands up my face and into my curls. Hard knocking on the front door caused me to move my hands.