V2 - Chapter Twenty Three.

𝐆𝐈𝐎𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍

"Daniel I need you to pay attention."

Sitting in the library, I sit by the side of one of the guys I've been assisting with Calculus every few days of the week for about a month now. Langston Lion's running back Daniel Smith. Skin the color of chocolate brown and undercut small twists. A nicely trimmed beard that he currently rubbed and gazed his orbs into mine. A huge flirt — one thing I can say about Daniel. Even with him learning in the process, he tended to throw in flirtatious lines here and there.

"Why don't I ever see you and yo boyfriend on campus?" Daniel inquired, as he watched me closely.

"Huh?"

"You told me you gotta boyfriend right?" He asked and I nodded, "So why I never see y'all on campus? I mean, plenty of couples here and you see em hugged up; all touchy-feely. But you, I never see it."

"What are you, stalking me now?"

"Nah," he chuckled, "I'm just observant. And you with this 'boyfriend' I never see you walking wit. Do you really have a boyfriend or you just ain't tryna date me?" He asked with squinted eyes.

I released a short chuckle, "I seriously do have a boyfriend. Just because you don't see us around don't mean I'm lying."

"If you think I'm ugly, all you gotta do is tell me." He jested and smirked.

"You're one cocky bastard and you know you're not ugly. You're very handsome."

"And you a beautiful Queen," he rested his arm on the back of my chair and leaned closer to me. Scent of his fragrance breezed in my nose. "What's keeping you from letting a young King get to know you outside of this?"

"Like I've stated. . . I have a boyfriend."

"Hm," he hummed and pulled back, but his gaze never left mine. "Aight; I'll leave you alone. Strictly studying?"

"Strictly studying," I nodded in confirmation.

"Well, a Black Queen as yourself, strictly studying will be kinda hard."

The way his orbs attentively gazed in mine had my heart pounding and stomach fluttered.

Whew — he handsome.

"L-let's get back to studying, yeah?" Stammering I averted my orbs to the textbook and pushed tresses of my straightened hair behind my ears.

He chuckled deeply, "Yeah... studying."

Another half an hour me and Daniel crammed our brains with more Calculus information for the upcoming exam. We went our separate ways, and my block heel booties padded on the concrete pathway as I walked in route of my shared on-campus apartment. Unlocking the door I stepped in to my roommate Chasity sitting on the couch, dressed comfortably and eating popcorn. Chasity was a native from Boston with cedar brown skin and buzz cut dyed burgundy.

Glancing over at me she said, "Somebody in your room."

"My room?" Closing the door behind me I looked confused.