V3 - Chapter Twenty Three.

𝐑𝐇𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒

              On top of the rectangular, dark marble top table are two drinks and brown fast food paper bags and a decorative vase in the middle. Beside the drink in front of me was my new phone and my car keys that has a big fuzz ball connected to the key ring. I sat in the chair of the unfamiliar kitchen table with my hair done sleekly in a bun, baby hairs slicked down nicely. I had on a oyster white ribbed bandage midi dress and flat, tan Steve Madden sandals. Lightly accessorizing with gold bamboo earrings pierced and the necklace that Capri gifted to me around my neck.

Down the hall, I could hear muffled Keyshia Cole music playing from a backroom. .

And we both know you're wrong

There's nothing you can do, to ever undo what you've done to me

I loved you, deep in my heart I know you couldn't love me

Sound of house slippers scraped along the hardwood floor behind me. "Don't like the Arby's?"

My sister circled around the table changed in a crop tank top and cotton leggings. Her kinky curly hair was pulled up in a ponytail. She reached into paper bag, taking out her food.

"Just waiting on you," I let her know, removing the food from my bag. "This is where you've been staying for the past week?"

"Yeah," She unwrapped her Turkey sandwich. "Mercedes has been very nice. She offered me a place to stay after their Grandmother passed; which is sad. I heard she was a nice lady." She let me know, biting into her food.

"That's nice of her. ." I nodded, taking a bite of my own Grand Turkey Club and stuffed curly fries in my mouth. "Did you know her prior to this?"

"Her niece." She said with a mouthful, "We met last year, exchange numbers, and our friendship grew from there. She stays here sometimes but she's with her fiancée majority of the time."

I picked up my drink and sipped the orange soda. "And she knows that you..."

"Sold my pussy for money? Yes, she does." Yolanda chuckled, "She's not judgement and neither is Mercedes. Her sister is actually one of Capri's — or formally one of his. She has the tattoo on her wrist."

I bit into more of my turkey club. "Do you think the Mercedes woman is one of his?"

"Hell no," Yolanda quickly responded. "She's a tougher than her sister. She is dating some guy though." She ate more of her food, "Rico, I think his name is."

Rico. Mercedes. My mind reverted back to the conversation Capri had with the man downstairs a week ago and the deal that had been made for Yolanda. Now it was all making sense.

"Rico is Capri's brother." I let her know and she appeared frightened, "No, you have nothing to worry about Yoyo. You're fine and free. Trust me."

She sighed in relief and bobbed her head. "Good. I had it pretty good here. I already have a job at Twin Peaks."

"Twin Peaks?" My eyebrow raised in question. "Isn't that kinda like Hooters but clothing is more revealing?"