V3 - Chapter Thirteen.

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍

Two weeks later. Tiredly, I leaned my head on panel front door in a fitted spaghetti strap and cotton-blend lounge shorts; wearing ankle socks and my curls under a bonnet. Dangling a keyfob on his forefinger, Rico stood ahead of me on the porch in a burgundy shirt and dark jeans with black sneakers.

"What the hell is this?"

"Keys to a car; your car."

I raised my head a bit from the door, eying pass him to the vehicle parked near the curb behind the Lincoln Navigator. I scoffed and looked at him. "That's not my car, Rico."

"Yes it is; now at least."

"You was just supposed to fix my car," I rolled my eyes. "Why you always going the extra mile? The funeral was weeks ago. My car, a Dodge Durango. Not a brand new ass Mercedes. Rico, just bring me my car. I have somewhere to be in less than a hour."

"I know. . . yo' appointment to see if the nut activated right. I remember," he licked his lips with a smile.

"Exactly. . so, give me my car."

"Dodge ain't done—"

"It's been two weeks."

"Mechanic work slow," the lie glints his honey eyes and smirked. "So, either take this new Mercedes Benz Gle and get to yo' appointment on time or sit here fussin' wit me bout this not being yo' Dodge Durango."

"Did you forget where you are?" My eyebrows knitted, "This is Lyrewood. A car like that in this driveway will only bring attention to these young ass thugs around here. A nice car will have them thinking it's expensive shit in here. I don't have time for this door to be kicked down."

"These mufuckas know you mine. They fuck wit anybody at this address or anybody period, they gon' see. So, accept these keys." He said and I crossed my arms under my breasts. He sighed, "aight, look, you drive this to yo' appointment and I promise I'll have yo' Dodge Durango in the driveway."

I stood there, eying his honey hazel eyes while he gestured for me to grab the keys to the luxurious vehicle. I exhale heavily and take the keys. "I won't be gone that long. Have my damn car back."

And with that, I stepped back and closed the door in his face and he chuckled on the other end.

"Love you, baby."

"Bye, Rico."

Just as his vehicle pulled off, Giovanni footed down the hallway in a blue jean button-front denim dress and brown lace-up sandals. Her hair sleeked up in a high ponytail.

"Shouldn't you be dressed?" She asked and added, "we have to get to your appointment in less than a hour."

"I know. I'm going to right now."

She nodded, eying the new key-fob in my hand. "Rico?"

". . . Yeah. Have you spoken to him?"

"Nope and rather not plan to."

I nodded in understanding, "Let me go throw on these clothes."