V2 - Chapter Nineteen.

𝐆𝐈𝐎𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐈 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐍

              As I fluttered my eyes open the feeling of fingers massaging my scalp while resting my head on toned and warm flesh. Raising my head my eyes connected with Jace's green hues and a smile graced his lips. Smiling back he planted a kiss on forehead and onto my lips, but savored our lips on one another longer. I pulled my head back and licked my lips tasting mint. "Asshole — you woke up before me and brushed your teeth didn't you?"

"Of course," he smiled. "I wasn't going to kiss you with morning breath."

Gasping I covered my mouth with my hand. "Lord have mercy," I raised my upper body to climb out of bed but he pulled me back laying me across his lap and covering my neck with kisses as I giggled.

"I love your morning breath."

"You're gross," I snickered and blocked his mouth with my hand.

"No, I'm just in love with you."

Complete silence surrounded his bedroom. I've heard him tell me he loved me, but never in love with me. It's definitely a difference.

My eyes searched his green ones and breathed out softly. "You are . . . in love with me?"

"So much..." he eyed me attentively and sincerely, "I plan on making you my wife. Yes, I am in love with you."

Whew, this is — "I have to go brush my teeth," I say without responding to what was news to me. I rushed to the bathroom in one of his shirts that was oversized on my body. After I brushed I planned on getting dressed and going home. The conversation he wanted to have is one I don't want to partake in at the moment. Reentering his bedroom, he stood as he pulled the sweatpants on and looked at me. "I have to, uh, get to my Grandmothers."

"You're running away from the conversation, babe. I know you."

"No, I'm not." I responded quickly as I buckled my jeans, "I need to get there. She could need help with Boogie."

"I get it. . . I'm a senior and you a sophomore. Couple years older but you are the love of my life and I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Marry you, build a house, and have children. That's what I want."

"I heard you Jace," I slipped on my hoodie, "But I need to go and I'll call you later, yeah?" A quick kiss on his lips I dashed out of his room and the house. I even pulled away quicker.

Approaching the Lyrewood neighborhood I steered onto the block my childhood home resided. Since meeting the infamous Capri I have not been over to see Auntie Mercedes. I've been with Jace and bombarding my mind with Science classwork for my degree. Just my luck Auntie Mercedes's car parked in the driveway. I assumed she would be somewhere else during the morning. When I walked in, Auntie Mercedes was coming down the hallway.

"Hey—" her smile dropped when I walked by her without a word.

Going to the kitchen I grabbed a bottled water from the refrigerator as I heard, "Are you mad at me? Is there something we need to discuss? Been days since you've been here. It's not like you."

"And I didn't think it was like you to lie to me," I retorted as I faced her, "That's your sister's job. You're supposed to tell me the truth. You promised you would."