Bullying

A/N: Please read the update before reading this. I want to thank y'all for your patience with me by giving you this 8000 word one-shot. I hope I still got it in me to write coherently! Let me know what you think.

***Warning: Bullying, violence
______________________________________

"How come you're up so early?" Alan's hand brushes past (Y/N)'s exposed shoulder before he leans down and pecks a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm waiting on the dryer to finish," she yawns out while flipping a page in the Cosmopolitan over.

She tucks her leg under her on the kitchen barstool before he stills his action of filling the kettle with water over by the sink and turns to look at her.

"You're doing laundry? Darling, it's five in the morning," he says exasperated.

"You think I don't know that?" She replies with a knowing eyebrow. "It's the third time this week Aly wet the bed..." she looks down at the page, picking under her mauve acrylic nail.

"Again?"

"Yeah," she looks up at him. "I don't know what's going on," she shrugs.

"Where is she now?" He asks, placing the kettle back on its holder and setting out two cups of tea.

"I put her in the guest room, she's sleeping still. I'll wake her in time for school," her eyes close as she rolls her shoulders back, relieving them from the building tension. 

"Something has to be going on, she's never wet the bed before," he places a cup of steaming tea in front of her before taking a sip of his own.

She yawns before thanking him.

"I've asked her a few times if there's something that's bothering her or if she's having nightmares," she pulls up her shoulders, "but nothing. She didn't say anything."

He looks down at the cup in his hands with a frown, and back up again to see (Y/N) stifling a yawn with the back of her hand.

"Go back to bed. I'm already getting ready, I'll take the sheets out of the dryer when it's done," he offers.

She looks at him lovingly as he leans back against the kitchen sink, still dressed in his white undershirt and baby blue cotton boxers. He looks comfortably soft and she wishes she could wrap her arms around his body and have him hold her tightly, "Thank you, darling. I'll see you in a few hours again."

She takes her cup of tea after marking the page in the magazine, leaving it on the island and trots tiredly up the wooden stairs.

At seven, (Y/N) gets up again to take a shower and dresses in a dainty black, red, and white floral chiffon dress that stops professionally above the knee. She rolls the long sleeves up past her elbows and quickly ties the mandarin collar in the front before throwing a black shawl over her shoulders.

She makes her way back into the bathroom where she puts on her usual natural make-up but adds a bold matte red lipstick to complete her ensemble. Her straight shoulder length bob has already air-dried sufficiently and she quickly runs a hot straightener through her dark brown fringe before she sits on the bed and quickly straps on a pair of nude Valentino peep-toe booties.

She places her empty teacup in the hallway on the sideboard, her wedding ring clinking against the white ceramic before she knocks on the guest room door lightly. She turns the handle and gently pushes it open, seeing Alyson stirring under the heavy covers.

"Come on sweetheart, time to get up," (Y/N) says quietly, sitting down on the bed.

"But I'm tired, Mummy," Alyson groans in response, hiding her head under the covers.