s i x t y - f i v e

j u n g k o o k ;

i visited eru again today.
her parents excused themselves so eru and i can have alone time.

her parents smiled at me and i gave them a small smile back.
“how's eru doing?”

her mother glanced at her once before looking back at me.
“she's still highly critical. still unconscious. the doctor said her red blood cells stopped dropping just last night which made me relieved but i'm still very worried.” i saw how her eyes misted with fresh tears and i gave her a gentle pat on her arm, assuring her that everything will be okay soon.

she's a strong girl.
you raised a strong girl.

when they went out, i walked towards her and sat by the chair beside her bed. i can clearly hear the beeping of the monitor just beside her. so many tubes were connected to her body and it aches my heart seeing her suffer.

i held her hand, still cold and soft.
“how are you doing, eru?” i whispered to her as i placed her hand close to my cheek, hoping she could somehow hear me in her unconscious state.

“you've been missing out on so many lessons now. they kinda missed your smart ass and kept asking clover, taehyung, and i about you. they do really care for you, shiba,” i murmured and just stared at her loving face, “clover really misses you, you know. she cried when she saw you here last time.”

“taehyung told me how heartaching it is when you've started liking someone and they end up in the hospital in a tragic unknown state. have you known about it already? taehyung likes you.” i said, the last part giving me painful pangs inside my chest.

i raised my hand and tucked a few strands of hair behind your ears.
“i feel him. i know that feeling of loving someone and they ended up in the hospital because of something stupid they did for someone else's affection.”

“wake up soon, eru. so many people miss you. i miss you.” i then got the bottle from my pocket and let her drink it again.

wake up soon, eru.
i want to see that smile again on your face.
even if taehyung is the reason why and not me.