s i x t y - t h r e e

j u n g k o o k ;

with the vial in my hands, i walked towards the hospital halls and found taehyung sitting alone.
“how's eru doing?”

“she's still unconscious. they transferred her here to a private room instead. but the doctor said her red blood cells are dropping at an alarming rate and if it continues, she'll die.”

“are her parents there?”

“no. they went out to get something to eat and they'll come back immediately. they told me they haven't eaten anything.”

“i'll just put something in her bag. i remembered she forgot to get it from me.”

taehyung didn't say anything and just nodded. i then washed my hands full of blood and went inside and saw eru, lying on the hospital bed, so many tubes connected to her. i felt my heart sink inside my chest.
it's been awhile since i stared at her like this again.

i walked towards her and held her hand. cold.
“i have to open your mouth, eru. you need to drink this potion manang bola gave you to give us more time.”

i swiftly removed her non-rebreather mask and held her chin. her lips are already so pale. with my finger, i slowly opened her mouth just a little bit and tipped the vial to her mouth. the liquid poured and surprisingly, in her unconscious state, she gulped it down. well, at least the potion is doing its job.
i put the mask back and held her soft and cold cheeks.

how long has it been since i've been this close again to you, eru?
how long has it been since i held these cheeks of yours?

i slowly pulled my hand away from her and looked at her one more time before putting the vial inside the pocket of my slacks. i went out of the room immediately.
“are you gonna stay here for a little longer?” i asked tae. he nodded.

“i'll stay until her parents come back.”

i hummed in response.
“i have to go. i badly need rest. i also need to take a shower. i'll just inform clover what happened so she can come here.”

“sure. thanks, kookie.”