f o r t y - s e v e n

- warning: triggering chapter -

"i consider him dead. he's dead to me." jungkook started that made me freeze for a moment on my seat. jungkook chuckled again.

"why? what happened?" i asked. i suddenly rememberd taehyung and i realized that both of them lost their father.

"he's an alcoholic, abusive, and almost killed my mom. mom can't leave him because she tried understanding his situation. he's very manipulative, eru. he kept twisting his words around my mom to control her. back then, i didn't undersand shit," jungkook exhaled, not looking at me, "he'd abuse her, hurt her, then hurt me and my sister, but when my mom would try to leave along with my sister and i, he would cry and ask for forgiveness then promise he won't do it but will in the end, anyway."

i didn't speak and just let him tell his story; her mom's story.
"the last tick made my mom lose all her remaining patience on him. he was drunk and my sister was crying. he grabbed the knife and almost killed her. that night we ran away from him."

my mind flashed a familiar scene; a familiar dream.
"s-so it was your childhood i was dreaming of all along?"

"what?"

"i've been dreaming lately of a small child and her mom, and a baby. it terrified me. the father terrified me to the point that i woke up with my cheeks stained of tears. i.. i didn't know it was you."

his furrowed brows disappeared and a concerned look was what i saw now.
"you cried for me?" he asked, looking at me.
his stare made my knees weak and i feel like i would melt but at the same time, i just couldn't look away from it.

it's as if i'm enjoying it for myself.

my cheeks blushed furiously at his words but i just couldn't look away from it; from him.
"t-that's 'cause i don't know who it was.. yet. stupid."

he chuckled softly, then gently caressed my arm.
"it's okay now. he won't come back. i'm okay now, so you don't have to worry about it anymore." he replied, much more softer.

i'm glad, then.