f o u r t e e n

“where?” tae asked me as we were walking down the hallway to go home.

clover already told me fifteen minutes ago that her boyfriend will pick her up again. while this little idiotic jungkook kept glancing at me, an insulting expression plastered on his stupid face. if he spoke out loud, he would already be saying something in between the lines of: ‘oh, tae! that little shiba friend of yours is so head-over-heels for you! look at her tail wag whenever you come near her!”

plus i seriously hate the fact that he frequently calls me ‘shiba’ when shiba isn't in my fucking name.

“some place special to us.” i told him with a smile. i saw jungkook mimicking and mocking me but i didn't mind him. after leaving school, jungkook told taehyung that he'll be going somewhere. good riddance, i said to myself. not totally, but still.

walking down the streets of the city, taehyung and i talked about a few things, present and past and some things about the future.

when we reached our destination, a small smile formed on taehyung's lips. my heart somehow ached upon seeing the place where taehyung and i slowly formed happy memories.
“brings back so many memories, eru.” taehyung said with a sigh. i nodded and looked around. it was deserted maybe because middle school students were yet to go home.

“it's still the same as how i remember it.” i breathed, smelling the familiar scent of metal, grass, and rain. all our favourite spots were still there, unmoved. the small slides, the metal swings, the monkey bars, the little merry-go-round (as taehyung and i fondly call it), and all the little puddles we frequently jump on before.

“the playground looks rather small now.” he said after a small chuckle. i smiled as i looked at taehyung's ethereal features and back at the playground.

“nah. it's just because we've grown up.”

i was surprised when taehyung suddenly held my hand and pulled me away.
“to the slides!”

and everything felt just like before.
like we were transported back to the past, to the time when we worry about little shallow things and laugh at the smallest, silliest things.

“i missed this swing,”
i said as i sat back at the swing and started pushing myself,
“but you're who i missed the most, taetae.”

taehyung looked at me.
he wasn't smiling and he had this unreadable expression on his face.

i dared myself just a while ago.

if taehyung says he missed me too, or if he comes and hugs me, i'll definitely go to the sorceress and ask to brew a love potion for me.

if he answers a 'yeah' or doesn't answer at all, or if he just shrugs his shoulder, or he looks away, i won't continue this plan and i will rely on my 0% successful flirting skills.

i closed my eyes and looked away, sighing a little too loudly in the process.

‘please come to me and hug me.
come to me and tell me how much you've missed me, how much you've missed us, taehyung.’

i was about to open my eyes when i felt two warm and soft hands caress my already warmed up cheeks.
“tae—”

i looked up and saw him smiling faintly, standing in front of me.
“i missed you too. you don't know how much i've missed you, eru.”

i wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him.

‘yeah. i just love you a little too much, taehyung.’

✨    🍀    ✨    🍀    ✨

[ a | n ] :
this part was originally supposed to be along chapter thirteen but i cut it and posted it as chapter fourteen because the other chapter became too long.
-cookiemilk