t w e n t y - e i g h t

✨     ✨     ✨     🍀

neither of us spoke to each other on our way back. jungkook distanced himself from me and i did, as well.
my mind's completely blank; i couldn't think of anything at all.

i could hear people chatting as we pass by, cars swiftly moving past us, and the loud siren coming from the police mobile a few meters away from us.

ah, my heartbeats' so goddamn loud.

a street away from my house, i stopped walking.
“you can go from here.” i told him as i smiled.

i'm very certain he wanted to ask me why but instead, he just nodded.
“sure.”

“thanks, jungkook. take care.”

he nodded, turned, and started walking away. the smile disappeared from my face and i exhaled sharply.
i need to get home as soon as i can.

when i got home, both mom and dad were already eating. i quickly put my bag down and grabbed a chair. as i sat down with them, dad handed me a deep bowl.
“you're late today.”

even if i already texted him saying i had a project to be done, he'd still tell me and ask me why i was late. i can't blame him. he just wanted to make sure i was safe.
“sorry, dad. we needed to rush the project.”
i replied as i got myself a good amount of the yakisoba mom made.

dad did not speak again afterwards. once in a while, he would open his mouth to ask mom something and then he would continue eating.
he's always been like that; always quiet and stern. he's also well disciplined and never once did he bend his words. he would crack a dad joke sometimes that made me want to pat him on the back just to tell him everything will be alright.

after finishing my food, i excused myself from the table. mom and dad were discussing financial matters that were quite boring for me. dad waved me off and continued talking and quickly went upstairs.

i changed into my pajamas and my comfy, oversized shirt.
as i flopped on my bed and stared at my starry ceiling, memories from awhile back came flooding in my mind.

my heartbeat picked up its pace as a warm blush crept up my face. i touched my lips, remembering how the moonlight gave his face an ethereal glow. how the moonlight shined on his eyelashes. his bambi-like eyes. the tip of his noise. his hushed voice. the warmth of his body. his enticing lips.

how could i ever forget that?

i shook my sinful thoughts away, insisting myself that i was doing this all for my love for taehyung. jungkook and i needed to put an end to this side effect and there's no harm trying what the fairytales taught little girls.

here i am, thinking of these kinds of things while that birdbrain surely must be thinking of other girls. and i'm a hundred percent certain he's not even disturbed by these kid of things.

surely that man's chilling in his house while i'm here contemplating whether to run away to another country, change my identity, and start a fresh life, or risk my entire being and just confess my goddamn feelings for my dense bestfriend that is kim taehyung.

i'll just leave it all for tomorrow.
i need to rest my freaking mind.

as i closed my eyes and lulled myself to sleep, i felt the strange, warm feeling of jungkook's lips on mine once again.

🍀     🍀     🍀     ✨

“hey, are you okay, eru?” clover asked me the next day as we were sitting together here at the school's courtyard.

clover handed me her hand mirror awhile ago, telling me i was extremely pale. i'm wearing my liptint so i wasn't worried about pale lips. the problem was my skin.

but i wasn't feeling bad or anything. but i'm feeling really dizzy. my chest kept stinging as well.

i think i know where this is going.

the stinging in my chest intensifed and i had to close my eyes as i held the bridge of my nose. even with my eyes closed, i could feel my vision swirling.

“eru?”

when i opened my eyes, a confused taehyung stared at me with a creased brow.
“you okay, kookie?”

god-fucking-dammit, jungkook.

✨      🍀     ✨     🍀

author's note;

uni's such a pain in the ass i just wanna quit and die lmfao. profs be like blah blah blah and expect u to understand shit.

anyway, aym so sorry for this filler chapter and i'll see y'all on my next update.