t h i r t y - n i n e

manang bola looked at me with a smile on her youthful face. looking at her now, i could tell she aged backwards by up to 40 years. we ALMOST look the same age, if not for the fact that i knew what her real age is. must be because she drank another one of her potion that could reverse her body's time and turn her back into a young lady.

“having fun with the soul-switchings?” she teased. i frowned.

“manang, please help me. it's been hell ever since we started switching bodies and i cannot emphasize my hatred towards this man enough for you to know how much my head aches.” i groaned. jungkook raised a brow at my reply like he was about to counter what i said.

jungkook and i switched bodies again shortlg after getting here inside manang bola's house and my, did my head hurt like a bitch.
“excuse me woman, i should be the one saying that to you! you're the one causing major problems here!”

i whirled around to face him with a defiant look.
“oh no, mister! definitely not! i'm afraid that you are the one to blame here! my grades in general mathematics have been failing miserably because of your lack of skills in analyzation!”

jungkook looked at me like i just murdered and wiped out his entire clan and he's out to get revenge on me.
“how dare you belittle my mathematical thinking skills?”

i laughed on his face.
“i can't belittle something that doesn't even exist.”

jungkook gave out a weird sound like he just lost all his temper as i laughed again. manang bola rolled her eyes.
   “both of you are happy, no? well, here's the bad news. i still haven't created the antidote for your soul switch. i haven't been sleeping for days researching on the best ingredients that i can use and gather but there seems to be no book that could help me with this work.”

i, of course, stopped laughing and gulped at manang's words. no ingredients, no book, no antidote, no cure.
“i need more time.” she said.

“it's getting late, you two. you should be going home. i am going back to work.” manang bola said and we both nodded.

as we were about to leave the room, manang bola called my name.
“stay for a moment, i'd like to talk to you.”

i looked back at jungkook.
“you can wait for me outside.” he did not respond and just went out of the room. i walked towards manang bola.

“i hope nothing bad is happening to you, eru.” i remember those times when my chest would suddenly ache so badly for no apparent reason. i told manang bola about it.

“could it be the other side effects of the potion?”

“it may or may not. but to be sure, i am giving you this potion, make sure to drink it tonight. it may help lessen the pain in your chest.” she said.

i smiled once more as i stood up.
“thank you for all you hard work, manang bola. i sincerely appreciate it.. that you didn't give up on me and this huge problem.”

manang bola looked at me softly.
“you know i care for you, eru. i'm very thankful to your parents for what they did back then. helping you is just one of my ways of giving back.”

when i went out, i saw jungkook hug himself a little more tighter to prevent the cold winds make him shiver more. i didn't ask for the car to pick me up at school so it's just me and jungkook walking alone and thankfully, i know the way out.