f i v e

flashback ———

eru realized something was off about herself.

she was always excited to go to school to see taehyung. she was always smiling whenever they were both together. she would feel a little sad whenever weekends came up.

she would frequently tell her mom and dad about him, all while smiling and giggling.

she realized something was wrong.

that she was starting to like taehyung.

she was both confused and happy. afraid and glad.

they were now in third grade and their fondness for each other never faded. taehyung liked her company more than their other classmates.

when eru's birthday came up, taehyung greeted her endlessly.
“happy birthday, eru~!”

“thanks, taetae!”

taehyung turned his back towards her, getting something inside his bag. eru peeped on his shoulder, curious about what he's getting.
“what's that, taetae?” she asked him as he handed her a box wrapped in a light orange and peach gift wrapper.

“i told mama last week that you're birthday's today and that i wanted to give you something that you'll surely remember me whenever you see it. and she came up with that.”

eru's heart raced inside her chest as she got hold of the box. she was far too excited and she giddily shook the box.
“what's inside this box?”

“i don't know,” he answered, shrugging his shoulders along with his hands, “you should open it to see it.”

eru wasted no time and ripped the wrapper. after successfully removing the wrapper, a dark maroon-coloured box that has a nice feel under eru's touch was what she got. she slowly lifted the lid and her eyes almost shone.

taehyung lifted the jewelry and showed it to eru.
“tae—”

it was a rosegold bracelet with small roses dangling around it.
eru couldn't say anything as she was too shocked to see that taehyung made an effort to give a gift to her. eru raised her hand as taehyung placed the bracelet around her wrist. it was a rather long bracelet for her wrist size so taehyung had to roll it twice around her wrist just so it would be exact her size. eru lifted her hand to the lights and the bracelet twinkled.

“mama told me she bought you a longer bracelet so that you could still wear it even when you're a lady.”

“thank you, taehyung.”

“you're always welcome, eru.”