14. Ignoring You

Beginne am Anfang

"But it's not. That's your personal bubble."

He laughed.

"What?" Rose furrowed her brows.

"You're too comfortable around me."

"That's a good thing."

"Oh is it?" He grinned.

Rose rolled her eyes.

"You know you're my best friend now right? like you're never getting rid of me." She replied, blowing smoke.

He looked over at her, his eyes trailing the cigarette in between her fingers.

"You need to stop smoking that nasty shit."

"It feels good."

"It makes you fucking stink." He laughed.

"Not even! I smell good."

Rose got up, making her way over to where Tyler laid. She crouched, her neck next to his face.

"Smell that."

Tyler got closer, doing what he was told.

"I bought my first expensive perfume. It's good right?" She got up, making her way back towards the balcony.

"Chanel?"

"Dior." She replied.

"Bougie ass," he grinned.

...

Monday

Rose decided to go get breakfast at the fancy place she used to always walk by for a change.

She sat down on an empty table outside the entrance, moving her glasses upwards as she read the menu.

"Oh my god!"

Rose looked up, it was Destiny.

Before she could even think, Destiny pulled the chair and sat in front of her.

"Glad to see you again! you're alone?" Des asked, looking around.

"Yeah, just thought I'd check this place out. You're alone too?"

"My friends bailed," she scoffed. "You came by saturday night right?" Des replied.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry I bathed in like that. I just usually go to T for everything."

"No, don't worry about it. So Abel? The Weeknd?" Des smirked.

"Something like that.." Rose chuckled. "How much did you hear?"

"You just made him sound like a complete asshole," she laughed.

"Well that's what he was acting like. I thought telling T would make me feel better or something."

"You guys are super close, then?"

"I think so," Rose replied.

"I get it...plus he's so perfect. Like he's creative, talented, passionate...like what isn't there to like?" She smiled.

Rose lifted a brow, unsure of how to reply.

"Yeah..."

"Mhmm. So tell me. What should I know?"

"Tyler? I mean, music is basically his entire life so maybe get into that more. He's been really into Love Deluxe so if you run into the reissued vinyl, get it for him—,"

"Love Deluxe?"

"Yeah, the 1992 live version though. He prefers the live instruments instead." Rose stated.

"So that's the name of the band?"

"Sade..." Rose lifted a brow, "their album Love Deluxe?"

"Haven't heard of it."

"Oh."

"But anyway what else?" She quickly changed the subject.

"Uh, I guess don't take him too seriously. Oh! and he gets annoyed if you're constantly texting him—call him if you need him for something. And get along with all his friends. They mean everything to him." She took a sip of her water.

Destiny was silent for a moment.

"Should I be taking notes?" She laughed.

"No. no. you'll figure it out. No pressure," Rose smiled.

"You know a lot."

"I mean, yeah."

"Okay well," Destiny sighed, getting up. "I'll text you if I need help figuring him out," she laughed. "Here." She took out a pen as she let Rose write her number on her hand.

"See you around," Rose waved.