"Let go, Tom!" I ordered as I subtly elbowed him in the side. While over these past few days I'd become used to the way he tended to constantly be touching me, I also hadn't missed the intrigued look his sisters exchanged as they observed our interaction; this was not how Tom normally behaved around his family.

"Claire, I'd like you to meet my sisters, Sarah and Emma," Tom grinned, still not releasing me.

I considered elbowing him again without trying to be subtle, but I suspected it would get me nowhere; damn him - he was bound and determined to claim me before his family.

Tamping down my annoyance, I smiled and politely extended a hand. "Detective Inspector Claire Kingsley; it's nice to meet you."

Emma eschewed my handshake, instead pulling me from Tom's arms for an exuberant hug. "Whatever you've been doing, keep it up! We haven't seen him this happy in a long time."

"She's right," Sarah said, giving me a hug as well; apparently all the Hiddlestons were huggers. "We haven't, but I'm glad we finally got the chance to meet you."

Sarah had just released me when Emma abruptly punched her brother on the bicep, making us both turn to look at them.

"Bloody hell, Em! What was that for?" Tom scowled, rubbing his arm.

"Thomas William Hiddleston, you bloody wanker!" She drew back her arm to punch him again but he easily caught her fist before it connected. "You've been seeing Kingskeeper Kingsley for two months and you're just now introducing us?!"

"God, I really hate that sobriquet," I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I wish I knew who came up with it so I could give them a piece of my mind!"

"Sorry," Sarah shrugged. "That's not going away any time soon."

"It's not that I didn't want to, Em," Tom sighed, giving his little sister a quick hug. "But until just a few days ago, it just wasn't possible."

"Why's that?" Sarah asked. "Surely not just because she was working on the Prior case?"

Tom nodded. "That's got a lot to do with it; Claire isn't your typical DI."

"Meaning?" Emma prodded.

"She doesn't investigate crimes after they happen; she's right in the thick of things as they're going on."

I wasn't even sure if Tom was aware of what he was doing when he slid his arms around me, pressing his lips to my temple. I didn't try shaking him off this time; something about the way he held me made me think it was more for his comfort than mine.

"It's unusual, but there aren't many that can do what I do." I met his sisters' concerned gazes in turn. "That being said, you'll have to forgive me for not going into more detail other than to say I'm glad this one is over; it's been a difficult couple of months."

"I'd say," Tom agreed, gently tilting my face upwards to kiss me before looking over at his sisters. "There were times I was worried that he was going to kill her; Prior was an abusive git."

"Which you did NOT hear from either of us," I cautioned, giving Tom a look. "Tom, you're not supposed to know anything about this case, remember?"

"But surely now you're free to go public?" Emma asked, changing the subject.

"No, we're not going public," I said firmly, my tone brooking no argument. "That would most certainly not be in Tom's best interest."

"You're right," Sarah said, nodding in agreement. I flashed a grateful smile at her as she held up one hand, forestalling Tom's protest. "Yes, Tom, I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but until the media finds something else to hold their attention, she's right."