Their Feelings

" That took a little bit. "

I finished my house. It was a nice small house. I had a small kitchen and bathroom. The living room was medium size with two couches and a coffee table in between. There was a downstairs. Down there was my room, where I lived. I had a secret passage down there that would lead me down to another room, but it was only there in case I needed to escape. It led to a small room and then a passageway leading into the woods just outside of Phoenix Drop. Garroth helped me a little bit. He would be in the mines mining to get his mind off of things and he would give me materials to build my house. I felt a mountain of sweat fall from my head.

   ' I need a shower. '

I set my ax against the house and walked inside. I grabbed my other pair of clothes and got a shower and dried my hair with a towel. I sat on my couch and felt my body relax.

   ' I need to get some more clothes. I only have two pairs of clothes. Then, I need to get some food to stock up and decorate the house a little bit. '

I stood up and grabbed my bag and walked outside. When I opened my door I saw Laurence standing there with his fist raised.

   ' He was about to knock. '

   " Hi, Laurence. "

   " Hi, Y/n. Your house looks nice. "

   " Thank you. I worked really hard on it. "

   " I can tell. It's nicely built. Where are you going? "

   " I was going to the market to get some clothes and food. I only have two pairs of clothes and I need some food now that my home is built. "

   " I'll walk with you. "

   " Okay. "

I shut my door and we started walking to the market.

   " I'm going to be leaving soon. I'm going with Lord Aphmau to Meteli. "

   " Really? That'll be a fun trip. "

   " It will be. I can get you some clothes while I'm there. My sister Cadenza makes clothes and I'm sure she would love to make clothes for you. "

   " That would be amazing Laurence. I can give you some money before you leave to give Cadenza. "

   " Oh no, you don't. "

   " What? "

   " I'll get the clothes for you for free. "

   " Laurence, no. I need to pay her. "

   " Y/n-"

I pulled out some silver pieces and handed them to Laurence. I put them in his hand and closed his fingers over them.

   " Give her the money. If you come back with the money I'll go to Meteli myself and pay her. "

   " Alright. Alright. I'll give her the money. Now, let's get you some food and other things. "

We walked to the market and I started buying food supplies. Laurence and I joked around as we were buying things. I bought a few baked goods to eat later and I bought two brownies for Laurence and me to eat. We walked back to my house and put everything up and we left my house again and just enjoyed a walk around Phoenix Drop. We finished our brownies while we were walking. The houses were now rebuilt and they looked nice. Aphmau's house was still halfway built but she put up fences around the top and hung fairy lights around. It was really nice and pretty.

   " How do you not have a lover yet, Y/n? You're so kind and funny and I've only known you for a few days. " He asked after chuckling.

   " Awww, is someone catching feelings for me? "

He only laughed and looked away. The light shone on his figure in a way that looked angelic. His smile was bright and big. He looked at me with that big smile.

   " You want this to happen. "

   " This? What's this? "

   " You wanna go on a date with me. " He teased leaning closer to me.

   " In your dreams. "

   " Hi, Laurence, Y/n. "

I looked and noticed Aphmau and Garroth walking towards us. I smiled at them and noticed Laurence's eyes. They brightened up when his eyes found Aphmau. His smile somehow got brighter.

   ' He likes Aphmau. '

   " Hey! "

We met with them and stopped walking. We started chatting and talking. I noticed Garroth's face made no expression unless he was talking with Aphmau.

   ' They both like Aphmau. Wow, that's going to be a hard decision. '

We continued to talk for a while until Aphmau grabbed my hand.

   " Y/n, let's go have some girl time and have some fun for a bit. "

   " Alright. "

We went to her house and into the basement. We started talking and eating sweets.