Saying Goodbye

Every day I met Zane at the garden by the water fountain. We would meet there for lunch and then walked around the garden. There would be times people would come into the garden, so we left the garden and went somewhere else. I had only been in O'Khasis for 3 days and Zane made sure I had a peaceful experience. I was currently walking out of the inn.

   " Miss Y/n! "

I stopped walking and turned around. I saw the innkeeper start running toward me. I stopped walking and waited for the innkeeper to catch up.

   " Yes? "

   " This letter came in for you. From Phoenix Drop. "

   " Thank you. "

The innkeeper left and walked back to the inn. I opened the letter, then pulled the letter out of the envelope.  I started reading the short letter as I walked.

Y/n,

I am very happy to inform you that Laurence is back from the Nether. He is currently staying at my house and is requesting to see you. I told him you were in O'Khasis but every day he keeps asking if you were back yet. Everyone in Phoenix Drop is excited Laurence is back but Laurence came back blind. He can't see anything and he came back as a shadow knight. Before you assume he killed a loved one or a lord, I can tell you that he didn't. In the Nether, other shadow knights forced him to become a shadow knight. Please come back to Phoenix Drop soon. Laurence was very happy to see me when he got back so I can assume he'll be even happier when you get back. Please return to Phoenix Drop soon.

P.S. Garroth also misses you very much. He doesn't smile often but whenever I mention your name he lights up and smiles when he talks about you.

From,
Aphmau, Lord of Phoenix Drop

   ' He's back? I need to get back to Phoenix Drop immediately. I'll leave today after my little meet up with Zane, that way I can say goodbye. '

I continued to walk to the big garden and when I got there I saw Zane waiting for me on our normal meeting spot, by the fountain on the bench.

   " Hi, Zane. "

   " Hello, Y/n. What did you bring today? "

   " I brought some sandwiches and two cupcakes. "

   " Cupcakes? "

   " Yeah, cupcakes. Do you like cupcakes?"

   " I love them. They are my favorite dessert. "

   " I'm glad I brought them then. "

I sat down beside him and handed him the sandwich. He downed the sandwich quickly and demanded me to hand him the cupcake. I finished my sandwich and handed him the cupcake. I grabbed my own cupcake and started eating it. When I got halfway through my cupcake I noticed Zane was already done with his cupcake and put the wrapper away.

   " Wow, you really do like cupcakes! "

   " I do. They are just so delicious and tasty. "

   " Well, I'm glad. Next time when I come back to O'Khasis I'll bake you some more. "

   " When you come back? Are you leaving soon? "

   " I am. I'm leaving today to go back to my village. A certain situation occurred this morning and I need to go back. "

   " What a shame. I'll miss our talks every day. "

   " I will too. Maybe I'll come back to O'Khasis another day. "

   " If you do contact me. I want more of those cupcakes, they were spectacular. "

   " I will. You made my stay in O'Khasis peaceful and calming. "

   " I'm glad I could. Shall we walk around? "

   " Sure. "

We stood up from the bench and walked around the garden. We talked a lot about many different topics and when it was time for me to leave he walked me back to the inn.

   " Thank you for walking me back to the inn, Zane. "

   " Not a problem. If you don't mind could I walk with you until you leave? I enjoy your company. "

   " Sure. Let me grab my stuff and we can walk to the stables. "

   " I'll wait for you here. "

I nodded at him and walked up the stairs inside the inn. It didn't take long for me to grab all of my stuff and my room key. I went back downstairs and handed the innkeeper the room key. I thanked him for letting me stay at his inn. He welcomed me to come back anytime with a smile. I met with Zane outside and we went to the stables. I grabbed H/n and walked to the front gate. Before I jumped on H/n's back I faced Zane, to tell him goodbye.

   " This is where we depart Zane. "

   " You are right, sadly. "

He held his hand out for me to shake. I shook his hand and jumped onto H/n. I knew Zane wasn't the type of person who likes hugs or touching people so a handshake would suffice.

   " Goodbye, Zane. "

   " Goodbye, Y/n. "

H/n started carrying me out of O'Khasis. The guards let me go through the gate without talking to me. I heard the gate close behind me with a hard thud. I looked back and saw Zane watching me leave the gate behind, so I raised my hand and waved at him. I would see him wave back at me with an eye smile.