Should You Go

' It's a beautiful morning. '

I was walking around the village. I woke up this morning and heard the birds chirping, knowing it was a nice morning. I walked to the market and saw the wedding decorations still hung up but the booths were open. I bought a crescent roll and continued to walk around. I had heard where Zane was staying at and I decided to visit him. I knocked on the door and a guard opened it.

   " Yes? "

   " I came to visit Zane the high priest. "

   " Let her in. " Another voice said behind the guard.

The guard moved aside and I walked into the house. I saw Zane sitting at a small table with another guard behind him. The door was shut behind me and I walked to the table, to sit down in front of him.

   " It's good to see you this morning. I didn't think you would take my offer last night. "

   " Why did you think that? "

   " Well with my brother's attitude towards me I would have thought he would tell you to stay away from me. "

   " He did, but I have doubts because when I met you at O'Khasis you were nice and kind to me. "

   " I see, well I'm happy you think that way of me. Would you join me for a small breakfast? "

   " I have already had breakfast. "

   " Really? What a shame I have cinnamon rolls that were just freshly baked. "

I looked at one of the guards and notice they were walking to the oven. They pulled the tray out of the oven with a glove and set it on the countertop. On the tray were cinnamon rolls with steam radiating off of them. The guard poured the melted cream on top of all the cinnamon rolls. They looked really delicious and I felt my mouth was watering.

   " Maybe I'll have one. "

   " I thought you would say so. " He said with a laughing tone.

I noticed he was smiling with his eyes. I couldn't see his smile but I could see the eye smile he gave me. I could tell he was smiling underneath his mask. The guard put a cinnamon roll on a plate and set it in front of me and he did the same thing with Zane. He handed me a fork and I started to dig into the cinnamon roll. It was absolutely delicious.

   " Thank you. This is really delicious. "

   " Thank you my guard here is a good baker once he had my mother's recipe. "

We continued to eat the cinnamon rolls until most of them were gone. We talked and talked until he brought up a question I didn't know how to answer.

   " Y/n, why don't you come back to O'Khasis with me? "

   " What? "

   " Come back to O'Khasis with me. Your presence would be greatly appreciated at the castle. You would be waited on hand and foot. You would have delicious breakfasts, like this one, along with lunches and dinners. It would be nice to have your presence at the castle. You're a very calming person and I find myself calm, somewhat happy, in your presence. "

   " I uh...I don't know. "

   " What's stopping you from leaving? "

   " I was just a traveler until I came to Phoenix Drop and then I settled here. My house is here along with the people I've grown to know. O'Khasis is a big place filled with a lot of people that I don't think I could get used to. "

   " Hmm, I see. Didn't you like the garden? Didn't you like the beautifully sculpted buildings? Didn't you like walking around and eating lunch with me? "

   " I did, Zane. Trust me I enjoyed all of that, but it's so busy around O'Khasis I couldn't handle all of the people. "

   " I can't either. That's why I take trips to the garden and I stay within the castle walls because there are not that many people there. What I'm saying Ms. Y/n is that you come with me to O'Khasis and live with me in the castle. "

   " Zane...I-"

   " Zane! "

Aphmau burst through the door and she didn't look too happy.

   " Lord Aphmau you don't look too happy. Is something the matter? "

   " Did you say something to Garroth? Because he didn't show up for his guarding duties today and when I asked him what was wrong he only told me to make sure you were gone. "

   " I'm afraid I haven't talked with him. I've only talked with Y/n all day. "

   " Zane I need you to leave my village. You have five minutes to gather your stuff and leave. "

   " Now, now. I fear talking to me like that will only bring tension between our villages don't you think? Heh, for a lord of a puny village you sure do have a big mouth. "

   " What do you want exactly? "

   " I want to take my big brother home, what else? Can't a younger sibling miss his big brother so much he just wants nothing more than a lovely family reunion? "

   " Y/n you need to leave. "

   " What? "

   " I am afraid Lord Aphmau is correct Lady Y/n. This does not concern you, for your safety and peace of mind please go rest or walk around in the warm sun. " Zane said.

   " Alright, I will. I'm going to go and I will see you all later. Goodbye. "

   " Goodbye Lady Y/n. " Zane said raising my hand to his lips.

He turned his head to the side and pulled his mask down and kissed my hand. I didn't see his face and neither did Aphmau. He let my hand go and I said goodbye to Aphmau leaving the house.