Learning Potions

" Hey, Zane is there a room somewhere in the castle that I can practice magic in? "

   " Magic? You're not a witch are you? "

   " No, I'm not but I've been reading a lot of books in the library about different types of potions and I want to try making some. "

   " I'll take you there. "

   " Thank you. "

Zane stood up from his desk and I followed him out of the door. 

   " You have some interesting clothes on today. IS there a reason you chose pants? "

   " I just feel more comfortable wearing jeans. In case something happens I'll be able to run. "

   " Are you afraid something is going to happen while you stay here? "

   " No, I just..."

   " You may wear what you wish but your safety here is my first priority. You're safe here in the castle. "

   " Thanks, Zane. "

We continued to walk until we stopped in front of a set of large double wooden doors. He pushed them open allowing me to walk inside first. The room was filled with many different types of ingredients and there were brewing stands all around the room. I noticed a woman standing in front of a cauldron mixing something. 

   " Mrs. Lee? "

   " Oh! Yes? "

   " This is Lady Y/n. She wishes to learn about potions. "

   " Oh, that's wonderful. I can teach her if you'll allow me. "

   " You may but she may not digest any potions that you make. "

   " I promise. "

Zane turned towards you and held your hands in his.

   " Please be careful while you're working on the potions. I don't want you to accidentally get poisoned. "

   " I'll be careful, Zane. I promise. "

   " Good, if I hear you've been drinking the potions I won't hesitate to stop your lessons. "

   " I'll be fine, alright. Go get back to work and I'll see you at Dinner. "

He nodded and let go of your hands. You turned back to face Mrs. Lee when you felt something warm press against your cheek. Before you could question Zane he left the room and closed the doors behind him. 

   " Well, that's unusual. Usually Lord Zane doesn't show anyone affection. Not even his face. Might I ask dear is he courting you? "

   " No, ma'am! "

   " Are you sure? It's very unlike him to kiss a girl on the cheek. "

   " I'm positive. I've just come out of a relationship a few weeks ago. "

   " It's never too late to start dating again. Also, don't listen to him about not drinking potions. Now that I have someone to teach we can have a lot of fun making potions. Some of them we can drink but I'll let you know what we can't drink. I've studied potions for years so I can tell what to drink and what not to drink by smelling it. "

   " Alright. Can we start? "

   " Sure, first you need to know all of the ingredients. "

   " Okay. "

( Aphmau's P.O.V. )

   " So, we can get there in two days and then we should lay low for a day. "

   " Agreed and then we can get a layout of the castle and see if we can spot her inside. " Laurence said looking down at the notes on the table. 

   " Then when we get a full understanding of the layout and where she would be we can go and rescue her. " Garroth finished. 

   " What if she doesn't want to leave? " Aphmau asked

   " We just need to talk to her and figure out what happened and convince her to come back. This is her home. " Laurence said.

They nodded, understanding the plan.