A Little Moment

I had been hanging around with Laurence and Garroth both a lot ever since I came back. I would walk with Laurence when he was doing his guard duties and Garroth would visit me often. Aphmau had left Phoenix Drop to investigate something and she hasn't come back in days. I was practicing my bow skills today when Garroth approached me.

   " Y/n, would you mind talking with me for a moment? "

   " Sure. "

I set my bow and arrows down, walking towards Garroth. He took his helm off and I gazed into his baby blue eyes.

   " What do you need? "

   " Laurence and I are going on a small trip to find Lady Aphmau and I was wondering if you would like to accompany me on the trip. Your bow skills are incredible and they will help us greatly. "

   " Sure, when are we leaving? "

   " In a couple of minutes. You'll have time to pack anything you need, but pack light. "

   " Okay, I'll meet you by the docks. "

I picked up my bow and arrows and walked back to my home with Garroth following beside me. We made conversation on the way and when I made it to my front door, Garroth left me and walked to his own home. I started packing a backpack along with filling my arrow bag with many arrows. I swung my backpack onto my back and hooked my arrow holder onto my jeans. I walked out of my house and started walking to the dock. When I reached the beach I saw Garroth sitting on the dock waiting for Laurence and me. I decided to walk back to the town market and I grabbed Two cookies, then I made my way back to the dock.

   " Hey, Garroth. Laurence isn't here yet? "

   " No, he isn't. He always has to be fashionably late. "

   " I believe it. I'll join you as we wait. "

I sat down beside him and handed him one of the cookies I bought. He took it from me with a smile and we started eating the cookies. When we finished I felt the breeze blow my hair and it calmed me, brightening my smile. I yawned feeling tired since I woke up early this morning. I heard Garroth scoot closer to me and he pulled my head down into his lap and started running his hands through my hair.

   " Rest a little bit while we wait for Laurence. "

   " Aren't you uncomfortable? "

   " How can I be uncomfortable...when an a-angel is l-l-laying in my lap. "

I saw his face turn red and he looked away. I continued to lay my head in his lap and rest my eyes as we waited for Laurence. It was comfortable.

   " Am I interrupting something? "

I sat up and saw Laurence standing behind us holding his bag. I stood up and grabbed my stuff facing Laurence.

   " L-Let's ummm g-g-get on the way. "

   " You're as bad as Garroth when it comes to stuttering. Your blushing face is pretty cute too. "

   " Laurence! " Garroth shouted standing up facing him.

   " What? Am I wrong? "

Laurence walked past us and got on the boat. I patted Garroth's arm and started walking to the boat getting on. I set my bag down on the side of the boat, keeping my bow in my hands, and took a seat watching as we departed off the dock and away from Phoenix Drop. I continued to rest against the side of the boat and dozing off with the sun hitting me, keeping me warm.

( Anyone Else's P.O.V. )

Garroth was steering the ship away from Pheonix Drop while Laurence was standing beside him.

   " Look, down at Y/n. " Laurence said pointing to your sleeping form.

Garroth looked down at your figure and smiled at your peaceful form. Laurence noticed the smile that Garroth had on his face and patted his shoulder.

   " You should just tell her. "

   " It's never the right time. "

   " It will never be the right time Garroth, but you need to do it soon because someone may step up and ask her if she'll date them. "

   " Laurence I don't know if I'm ready to leave my feelings for Lady Aphmau, yet. "

   " Garroth you need to figure it out. From what I've seen you're showing her signs that you like her and it would be leading her on if you still like Aphmau. "

   " ... "

   " Just think about it Garroth. I would do it soon. "