Broken

It had been a few days since Garroth confessed and I had become his girlfriend. Laurence had told Garroth later that he didn't really like me in a relationship way and that he wanted to only push Garroth to tell me. Aphmau was the next person to congratulate me after Laurence. She was really happy to hear that we were dating.

   " Y/n, are you okay? "

I shook my head to get out of my daze and I looked at Garroth.

   " Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry I was really lost in thought. "

   " It's okay, it just concerned me. "

Garroth was done with his guarding duties for the evening and we decided to go on a picnic date on the beach. I had made some desserts while Garroth prepared the main meal. We went to the market to buy a picnic blanket and basket to put the food in.  Garroth handed me a bowl and filled it with a dish he made. I started eating it and I smiled at the flavors.

   " Garroth it's really good! "

   " Is it? This is a new dish I tried. "

   " It's amazing Garroth. I may have you cook for me every day. "

   " I would be completely fine with that as long as you make me desserts. "

   " I'll make you anything you want. "

We ate the food as we watched the sun continue to set and then we started eating the cake I made. Garroth finished all of his and then started eating mine off of my plate. I tried to move away from him and eat my cake in peace.

   " Garroth, this piece is mine! "|

   " Come on let me just have another bite. "

   " No, you had yours! "

   " But it's so good! "

   " This is mine! "

I leaned away from him and ate my cake as quickly as I could. When I finished I showed him the plate and his face turned from a goofy smile into a sad puppy frown.

   " Sorry, Garroth. I wanted to eat my piece. I have 6 more pieces at home so you can have more later! "

   " Let's go back to your house right now then! " He cheered.

I nodded and stood up from my spot on the blanket. Garroth started folding the blanket and set it in the basket. I picked up the basket and we started walking away from the beach. We talked as we walked and then Garroth stopped walking.

   " I forgot my helm! I'll be right back Y/n. "

   " I'll wait here for you Garroth. "

He nodded and started running back to the beach. I waited for a few minutes just rolling on my heals. I heard something move in the bushes beside me and I grabbed my bow and arrow, getting ready to fire at anything. I set the basket down minutes ago. I started walking towards the sound and I followed it. I continued to walk and then I stopped at the sight I saw in front of me in the forest. I lowered my bow and put my arrow back in my small bag that hung on my belt. Tears trailed down my cheeks as I saw Garroth and Aphmau kissing in front of me. I stepped back, trying not to make any sound. I turned around and started walking away from the scene and towards where I left the basket. When I got there I picked up the basket and started walking away from everything. I heard rapid footsteps coming from behind me but I didn't turn around. I just kept walking.

   " Y/n! "

   " Y/n wait for me! "

   " Please! "

I heard the footsteps come right behind me and someone grab my hand. I was turned around and I saw Garroth's happy face turn into one of worry.

   " What happened? "

   " ... "

   " Y/n?"

I pulled my hand away from Garroth and started walking home. He continued to follow me until I turned to him.

   " Garroth just leave me alone. I need to go home. "

He continued to follow me and when I got home I shut the door and locked it. I listened to Garroth as he pounded on the door. I continued to cry but I didn't open the door.