Finding the Truth

" So this is supposed to taste like cookies? "

   " Yes, that's the flavor I included in the potion. "

   " Can I try it? "

   " Sure. "

She handed me the potion and I drank it. When I drank the potion I could taste warm cookies, fresh out of the oven. I swallowed the entire potion and I felt like I had eaten 12 cookies. I set the glass bottle down and leaned against the counter. 

   " That was delicious. "

   " I'm glad it worked. "

   " What is the potion supposed to do? "

   " It's a copy potion. "

   " Copy? "

   " Yes, it makes a copy of yourself and you control what it does. "

After a few seconds, another me appeared in front of my mentor. I waved my hand in front of her face but the copy didn't react in any way. 

   " What do I do? "

   " Simply tell it what to do. "

   " Go over to that table and hand me that light blue potion. "

The copy did just what I asked and walked to the table. They grabbed the potion and walked back to me with a blank expression plastered on her face. My clone handed me the potion and walked back to the spot they appeared. 

   " What does this potion do? "

   " This one brings you to the past. It's kind of like time traveling but you can't change it. "

   " What does it taste like? "

   " I'm not sure. "

I chugged the drink down and waited for the taste to come. I could taste a type of pie crust. That's it, only pie crust and no filling. I set the glass down and turned toward my mentor. I couldn't say anything as my vision was getting blurry and I started getting light-headed. I kneeled to the floor and held my head in my hands. I could barely see the worry climb into the face of my mentor. I couldn't even see the door to the potion room open when I passed out. All I could see was a black void around me. Nothing was around me and nothing filled the void. I could only see my hands in front of me. Then I saw a green color start to unfold under my feet. I leaned down and felt the floor and I could tell it was regular grass. I stood back up and the scenery started to unfold around me. I was in the woods. I waited where I was to see if anyone or thing appeared. My waiting wasn't in vain. I saw a man dressed in black and white walk into the woods. I recognized this person as Zane. He was carrying a potion with him. It looked like the potion I drank not to long ago, that copied me.

   ' What are you doing here? '

He drank the potion and another version of him popped up out of nowhere. He looked exactly like Zane and it held an emotionless expression.

   " Look like my older brother. "

The clone did as he asked they slowly morphed to look like Garroth. Zane drank another potion and I watched as he commanded that one to look like Aphmau. 

   " I want you two to kiss and stay that way until I get back. "

They did as he asked and he disappeared from the scene. It all looked too familiar. I waited but looked away from the two kissing copies. I heard shuffling to my far left and I saw a bow and arrow appear from the trees. I saw myself walk out and stare at the two copies. I looked mad and upset. I started backing away and leaving the two behind.

   ' So, Zane set that up? I thought Garroth really did cheat on my but it looks like I was wrong. Why would Zane try to-'

Everything disappeared and I couldn't finish my thought. I woke up and opened my eyes. I was no longer in the potions room. I was in the infirmary laying on one of the beds. I sat up on the bed and didn't spot anyone inside the infirmary. 

   ' Did he really want to marry me that badly? Geez. I need to get out of here now that I know the truth. '

I pulled the blankets away and started to get up when the infirmary doors opened. I watched as Zane walked into the room and his eyes were on mine. I swallowed my saliva and tried to hide my nerves as he approached the bed I was getting off of.