It Happened a Month Ago

The war was over and Zane was dead. The guards that were left alive surrendered and took Zane's body back to O'Khasis. The funeral was days later and Garroth secretly attended the funeral. He didn't want anyone in O'Khasis to recognize him. He just wanted to be there to see his little brother be buried. When Garroth came back to Phoenix Drop he locked himself in his room for days. He was quiet and you could never see him outside. I always went to comfort him and he would just hold me while we laid in his bed.

   ' What are we going to do? The wedding was supposed to be this week but it's been pushed back because of the funeral and Garroth's state. '

I was walking around Phoenix Drop with the snow lightly falling around me. It was calming and it allowed me to think about what to do. I've been really tired lately. More so than usual and whenever I woke up I would feel refreshed and ready to go through the day but two hours later I would be extremely tired.

   ' It's probably due to the war that happened and the nights that I stayed up to help Garroth. '

There would also be times where I would be craving something. Sometimes I would be craving different jams or I wanted something full of sugar. Sometimes I even wanted stuff that tasted sour. I saw Donna as I was walking and I waved to her.

   " Hey, Donna. "

   " Hi, Y/n. How are you today? "

   " I'm not well. "

   " Why? What's wrong, sweet pea? "

   " Well, Garroth still hasn't gotten better and I haven't been feeling well these past two weeks. "

   " What do you mean, not feeling well? "

   " I've been so fatigued lately no matter what time of day it is. Then, I've also been craving the weirdest things as well. Somethings that I would never eat my body craves. Finally, I've been getting sick every so often. There will be some times that I'm fine and then a few minutes later I'll feel sick or I'll be throwing up. "

When I looked at Donna I could tell she knew what was wrong. Her eyes sparkled and she had a smile on my face. She grabbed my hands and started pulling me in the direction of her house.

   " I think I might know what's wrong. "

We walked to her house and she opened the door for me. I stood in the living room and I saw Logan sitting on the couch playing with their little boy. It made me smile because of how cute it was. Donna disappeared into the bathroom and came out with a pink stick.

   " You think I'm pregnant? "

   " You're showing the same symptoms that I was when I was pregnant with our little boy over there. It wouldn't hurt to try the test. Just go into our bathroom and pee on the stick and then we will wait a little bit and check it. "

I slowly took the test from her and she pushed me into the bathroom. I closed the door and locked it.

   ' I couldn't be pregnant could I? ' 

I finished in the bathroom and washed my hands after setting the test on the sink. I left the bathroom and while we waited Donna and I made cookies. We made a lot and ate them with a few glasses of milk. We chatted about some things and Aphmau came around.

   " So, Aphmau how have you been lately? "

   " It's been quiet now that the war is over and everything has been recovered. There's less stress now on my shoulders. :

   " I'm glad, we need to have a girls night with Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan. "

    " We really do. I miss those days. "

   " I do too. "

   " Y/n! "

Aphmau and I turned towards Donna and she was holding the test in her hands. Aphmau's eyes went wide when she saw the test.

   " Y/n, is that yours? "

I nodded and continued to stare at Donna. She handed the test to me and I saw a plus sign on the test.

   " I'm pregnant. "

   " Congratulations! " Donna and Aphmau cheered. 

I was in a daze and I didn't know how to react. I cried and tears left my eyes. I set the test down and washed my hands before I started wiping the tears away.

   " I can't be a mother. "

   " Y/n! You would be an amazing mother! Levin has always seen you as his second mother and Malachi loves being around you! You will be a great mother! "

   " I need to tell Garroth. "

   " How long ago did you guys..." Donna asked trailing off.

   " The night I got back from O'khasis. "

   " So, you are only a month pregnant. You have 8 more to go. "

I nodded and then got an idea.

   " I have an idea. Can you guys come with me and grab Laurence? There's something I want to do. "

They nodded and I left the house. I walked around and found a perfect spot a little ways away from the village. It was a clearing in the woods.

   ' This is perfect. '

I heard footsteps behind me and I looked to see Laurence, Donna, and Aphmau. Laurence had a big smile on his face and he ran up to me and picked me up. He twirled me around and set me down on my feet. He held me close and I could hear the excitement in his voice.

   " You're pregnant! You're actually pregnant! Can I be the uncle? "

   " Laurence! " I screamed.

   " Let me be the uncle! " 

He held my arms and connected our foreheads. 

   " Fine, you can be the uncle. "

   " Can I touch your belly? "

   " Laurence-"

   " Hi, little one. This is Uncle Laurence. I'm going to spoil you and make you smile every second that you enter this world. " He said crouching down and holding my waist.

He jumped up and hugged me once more. When he finally sat me down I started to explain the plan to them. If we worked on this project it would be done in a week's time.

   " I will obviously help you! "

   " Yeah, I can to! "

   " I am at your service. "

   " Thank you guys. Lets get started. "

   " Hold on. " Laurence said.

   " What? "

   " You won't be working at all. "

   " Laurence I am capable of working. I'll be fine. "

   " Nope, I'm not having it. You are pregnant and I'm not letting you work on anything. You will rest and relax and I will work with Aphmau, Donna, Katelyn, Dante, Logan, and some others. You will not lift a finger. "

   " But Laurence-"

   " No buts here except for yours sitting on that rock and relaxing. "

I rolled my eyes. He picked me up and placed me on the rock. They left and went to the village to grab some tools and more people to help.