Going to O'Khasis

I had been practicing with my bow and I was getting better at using it by the day. Today I had planned to practice a little as well as visit Garroth. Aphmau departed to Meteli this morning and asked me to keep a watch on Garroth.

   ' Now where would that blonde be? '

I started walking around the village to find him, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I approached Donna's booth and asked her where he might be.

   " He's in Lord Aphmau's house. She asked him to guard her son while she is away. "

   " Thank you, Donna. How's Logan? "

   " Still alive. "

   " Good. All things are good then. "

I waved goodbye to Donna and started walking to Aphmau's house. Aphmau put steps on the side of the hill so I walked to the side and started walking up the cobblestone steps. I made it up to her house and I opened her front door. I saw Garroth standing in front of the doors leading to the basement.

   " Hey, Garroth. "

I noticed he had on his helm. He turned to me but didn't take his helm off.

   " Hi, Y/n. How are you? "

   " I'm doing fine. It's a lovely day. It's sad you're stuck here. "

   " It's my job as a guard to do as my lord asks. "

   " I know. Still, it's a nice day. How's Levin been? "

   " He's been wonderful. He's such a sweet baby boy. "

   " I feel like you only say that because he looks like you when you were a baby. He was blonde hair and blue eyes, he looks like you if you were a baby. "

   " I might be a little bit biased. "

I chuckled at his confession.

   " Well, I will leave you to do your guard duties. I think I'll be going on a trip soon. "

   " Really? Where are you going? "

   " I'm thinking of going to O'Khasis. "

I felt the happy demeanor shift. I saw Garroth's posture become straighter.

   " Is there any specific reason you want to go to O'Khasis? "

   " Not really. I've just heard that O'Khasis is a busy place but some of the buildings are beautiful and the architecture is just beautiful. "

   " When do you wish to go? "

   " I may leave tomorrow or later in the day. "

   " Come see me before you leave, okay? "

   " Okay, I will."

I decided to leave Garroth and make my way into the town.

   ' It's lonely without Laurence here. He would usually walk around with me or we would talk each other's heads off. Maybe I should go to O'Khasis for a few days. Just to get in the busy streets and see everything that people say makes O'Khasis great. Yeah, I'll do that. '

I headed back to my house and packed some clothes. I packed a lot of money along with my bow and arrows.

   ' I'll go buy some snacks for the trip there. It'll take a while to get to O'Khasis. '

I grabbed some iron pieces along with some gold and made my way to the market. The food looked fresh at the booths. The smell of homemade bread filled the air. I looked at all the food they had, it was all fresh and looked so good.

   ' A few sandwiches and maybe a dessert or two will cover me until I get to O'Khasis. '

I grabbed a few sandwiches along with three desserts. I walked back to my house and packed the food in my bag. I grabbed my cloak, with my bag, and walked out of my house. I walked to the stables to check on H/n. She seemed to be doing fine.

   " Are you ready for a small trip? "

I walked towards Kiki.

   " Hey, Kiki. "

   " Hi, Y/n! What can I do for you? "

   " Can you get H/n ready? I'm going to be going on a little trip here in a couple of minutes. "

   " Sure! "

   " Alright, thank you. I'm going to say goodbye to someone so I'll be right back. "

   " Okay, she'll be ready for you when you get back. "

   " I trust you. "

I waved to her as I walked away from the barn. I walked towards Aphmau's house. I walked up the side steps once more and opened up Aphmau's front door. I opened the door and saw Garroth still standing in the same spot he was in earlier.

   " I'm going to depart Garroth. "

   " Already? "

   " Yes. When we are done talking here, I'm going to leave for O'Khasis. "

   " Okay, I wish you safe travels. "

   " Thank you. I'll be back before you know it. "

   " Don't stay there too long. It'll be really lonely without you to talk to here. "

   " Don't worry. "

He set his sword aside walking closer to me. He pulled me in a hug and I hugged him back. His armor was warm from the sun hitting the metal. His hug was warm. He pulled back and I could tell he had a small smile behind his helm. I waved to him and left Aphmau's house. I grabbed my horse from Kiki and left Phoenix Drop. I rode my horse until it got dark and I stayed in a village for the night.