35

Dre POV

Since Shawn was gone on his business trip, I'll check up on Bey a lot since she's now on maternity leave.

Right now I'm at Bey's place helping her assemble the baby's crib. Shawn gave me the green light to assist her with it. Bey is busy unwrapping the gifts everybody sent to her since she cancelled her baby shower.

"Are you excited that Shawn is coming back tomorrow?" I asked as I tightened the screw on the crib.

"I can't wait to see my baby daddy," she said smiling. "He's like my Monday and my Friday; I can't stand him but then I love him."

My phone pinged, I took it out of my pocket. I smiled when I saw the text. I texted back.

"Can I ask you a question Dre?" Bey said as she folded a onesie.

"Shoot," I said putting the tools back in the tool box.

"When you were a hitman. Were you a hitman in the drug dealing business?"

Damn. I've been cornered. I can't lie to her, she'll eventually find out. Pregnant women do have that weird power.

"Yes," I said lowly. "I worked in the drug dealing business."

She took a baby blanket and folded it. "You still in the drug dealing business? Don't worry, I won't tell Shawn."

"Kinda. I'm in the process of quitting. I don't wanna do it no more. It has caused me trouble more that it helped me," I said and she nodded.

If Shawn found out that I was in the drug dealing business, he'll be crushed to know that his big brother turned to do illegal shit in order to make extra cash.

I got a text on my phone and I replied back still smiling.

"Bey, why don't we get something to eat downstairs?" I said standing in front of her.

She put down whatever she was folding next to her on the bed. She started rubbing her belly.

"You aight?" I asked starting to get concerned.

"Braxton Hicks," she responded.

My eyes went wide. "No shit," I said. "You also watch The Braxton Family Values? That show is the bomb. My favourite is Toni."

She looked at me and busted out laughing. "I didn't say 'The Braxton Family Values' I said 'Braxton Hicks'. Its feels like a period cramp," she said. "Help me up," she said and I helped her.

We walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey baby," Shawn said as he sat on the kitchen island chair with his arms out.

"Baby you're back," Beyonce squealed in excitement as she went to Shawn's arms. "I missed you," she said breaking the hug.

"I missed you more. That's the reason I came home early. I missed you, Ray and my baby girl," he said rubbing her belly. "Dre helped me sneak in here so I can surprise you."

She turned and looked at me smiling. "Thank you Dre. I really appreciate it," she said and she wrapped her arms around Shawn's neck then turned to look at him. "Did you bring your son any gifts?"

"I bought him Legos," he said.

"You better make sure he always picks those up when he's done playing. I don't wanna step on no Lego in the house. That shit hurts," she said.

"Guess what I got you?" Shawn asked biting his bottom lip as he ran his thumb on Bey's lips.

"What?" She said smiling and he smashed his lips on to hers.