9

Beyonce POV

"Here are your files," Kelly said as she entered my office and placed the files on my desk.

"Thank you," I said as I took the files. I started working on them and I noticed Kelly still standing. "Is something wrong Kelly?" I asked.

"Ummm... Yes. I mean, no. Umm... Maybe," she said fidgeting with her fingers. I then gestured for her to sit on the chair in front of my desk. "I've been meaning to ask you something," she said as she sat down.

"What is that?" I asked as I leaned forward.

She cleared her throat. "I was thinking if we can take in more clients," she said and my eyes widen. "Hear me out Bey," she said in her defence. "More clients means more money," she said smiling.

"Kelly, I have a six year son to look after. Its gonna be hard juggling work and being with Ray," I said.

She sighed. "I know that Bey. You can bring my godbaby here at work. You know Ray is a good boy," she said.

She does have a point there. Ray is well behaved but the only problem is that he likes going on these 'adventures' in the building.

"Plus, a girl has to pay the rent," she said pointing at herself.

We both do need the extra money. I don't see a problem with Kelly's proposition.

"Fine, we'll take in more clients," I said.

Her face immediately lit up and she came over and gave me a hug. "Thank you, thank you so much Bey," she said excitedly.

I patted her back. "Now get back to work before I fire your ass," I said playfully.

She let go of me and walked out. "Whatever you say boss," she said smiling as she closed the door.

Now I gotta tell Ray.

Ray POV

"See me after class," Mr Smith said as he handed me my Math test back.

I watched as he went around the class, giving everybody back their test back.

"Hey Ray. What did you get?" My friend, Tahj whispered to me.

I looked at my test and smiled when I saw my grade.

"I got another 100%," I said.

"Dang. That's cool. I just got a 65%," he said.

The bell rang to mark the end of Math and the end of school for the day. I got up from my seat and went to Mr Smith.

"Just the man I wanted to see," Mr Smith said as he sat on his desk.

Well daaa, you did call me to come here.

"Since the beginning of the school year I've noticed that you've been getting straight A's in Math. I'm really impressed Raymond," he said. "I've never met such a Math whiz in my years of teaching."

Can this guy just get to the point. My mom is waiting for me outside.

"For the first time, the school has entered in the Mathematics Competition and I want you to join in the team," he said.

My face just lit up.

Some may call it being a nerd but I really love Maths and Science. I'd love nothing more but to join the team.

"Here are the papers," he said handing them to me. "It includes the permission slip your parent has to sign for you to come and practice with us in the school library every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m."

"Thank you Sir. I'll be sure to show this to my mommy," I said excitedly as I took the papers.

He dismissed me and I walked out the school building. Just as I thought, my mommy was already waiting for me.

"Hey mommy," I said getting in the front seat then giving my mommy a peck on the cheek.

"Hey baby. What took you so long?" she said slightly pinching my cheek. I gave her the papers Mr Smith gave me. "What's all of this Ray?" She asked looking through the papers.

"Since I've been getting straight A's in Math, Mr Smith found it fit that I join the school's Math team," I said excitedly and she really looked impressed.

"I'm so proud of you Ray. Do you wanna join the team?" She asked and I nodded. "Well, give me a pen in the glove compartment so I could sign this permission slip," she said.

I looked for the pen, I gave her and she signed the papers. I took them then put them back in my backpack so that I wouldn't forget them.

The car then lapsed into silence.

"Raymond," my mommy said tuning to face me. "Mommy has to work for some extra time," she said. "I'm no longer gonna leave work at three but at five in the afternoon."

My eyes widened. "Why so late? When are you gonna make dinner? Does that mean I have to come to work with you?"

I had a lot of questions in my mind. "Mommy has to make the extra money," she said.

Moments like this makes me wish that I had my father to keep me company when mommy's working.

"OK," I said lowly.

"So you're okay with it?"

"Yeah, I guess," I said strapping on my seatbelt. "Its not like you gave me a choice,"I said.

"What's that suppose to mean?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

I sighed.

"You tell me these stuff just so I know what's gonna happen. My input is never considered since you always tell me these stuff last minute," I said. "Its not your fault though. Its not like you can split yourself into two. One mommy will go to work and the other will spend quality time with me."

"Is that how you really feel? You think I don't consider your input?" She said lowly. "I'm just doing what's best for us."

I smiled. "I know. Its fine," I said shrugging.

She then started the car and we left.