34

Beyonce POV

"Thanks for dinner babe," I said rubbing my belly as I sat on the dinner table with Shawn and Ray.

"Anything for my wify," Shawn said taking my plate and his then went to the kitchen.

Shawn decided to cater to me and make dinner for us. He made my favourite which is lasgna with a side of greens. He made my favourite drink, lemonade.

"Finish your greens baby," I said to Ray who was busy poking his greens with his fork.

"They are gross. I don't like them," he said with an appalled expression.

"I don't remember giving you a choice. Now eat," I said sternly and he started eating it. He started munching on the greens and making gag noises.

"What's wrong with him?" Shawn asked as he entered the dining room holding a tray.

"Your son doesn't wanna eat his greens," I said.

I watched Shawn put the tray down.

"I've got lemon meringue pie for you guys," he said warmly. He cut some slices, placed them on a plate then gave it to me.

"Done," Ray said with his mouth full of greens.

We then had our dessert. I helped him clean up.

Shawn turned and looked at me. "You look hot. Did you lose weight?" He asked closing the cabinet.

I looked down at my big belly and I looked at him. "I'm seven months pregnant," I said. "So no. If anything, I've gained weight."

He sucked his teeth and walked towards me. "You look amazing," he said smiling.

Its finally adding up. Shawn is buttering me up. Its either he did something, wants something or wants to tell me something.

He ain't that slick. Although I did enjoyed being pampered.

"I wanna tell you something babe," Shawn said.

Whoomp! There it is.

He led me to the living room.

"I had a feeling that there was a catch to what you were doing," I said as I slowly plopped down the couch. "Spill it Mr Carter."

He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm going on a business trip and I'll be gone for two weeks," he said.

I nodded. "That's fine by me," I said. "You're going after the baby shower right?"

He cleared his throat and avoided eye contact.

He better not say what I think he's about to say.

"I leave first thing tomorr-"

"The hell Corey?!" I yelled. "The baby shower is in three days and you here telling me you are going on a business trip!"

"Look baby, we can have it after the baby is born and-"

"After the baby is born?!" I yelled. "You do know that we have other commitments to do like moving! Right now the guest room is the only thing close to a nursery! We gotta plan the wedding and now we have to cancel the baby shower!"

He sighed. "Look baby, this meeting is really important and I have-"

"When exactly did they inform you about this meeting?" I said in the most calmest way possible. He mumbled something under his breath. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Well it was about... Three weeks ago," he said.

Somebody hold me back otherwise my baby girl will be born fatherless.