10

Beyonce POV

Ever since the talk with Ray in the car the other day, I couldn't get what he said to me out of my mind.

Right now I'm in Shawn's club with Ray.

"Sit here and start on your homework," I said to Ray as we walked into the private room where imma meet Shawn.

Shawn and I have really become friends now. We'll hang out sometimes. We'll especially hang out in the café where we had that meeting.

"Hey Bey," Shawn said as he came and sat on the opposite couch.

"Hey Shawn," I said. "Let's get started," I said taking out the files.

We worked for a few minutes. This project with Shawn has been taking most of my time but I still do squeeze in some few clients like Kelly suggested.

"Where is Kelly?" He asked.

"She had a family emergency and I had to give her a half day," I said tilting my head and gently massaged my neck with one hand.

He nodded his head then he turned and looked at Ray who was still writing his homework. "Ray really looks uncomfortable there," he said.

"What do you mean?"

"Look at the poor guy," he said pointing towards Ray.

My poor baby did look uncomfortable. He had his textbook and exercise book on the couch seat. He's desperately trying to use the couch as a table but its too lumpy.

"Give me a sec, I'll be back," Shawn said and he got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said smiling then giving me a wink.

He went out of the room. Moments later he came holding something. I watched closely and saw that it was one of those fold-in tables. He opened the table and put it in front of Ray.

"Here you go fella. Now you can write with ease," he said.

"Thanks Mr Shawn," Ray said smiling. "I didn't wanna bother mommy since she's currently busy," he said whispering but I heard him.

"No problem Ray," Shawn said and he came back to me.

"You didn't have to go through all that trouble Shawn," I said massaging my neck.

My neck is killing me. I think its from bending my neck a lot since I'm always on my laptop with those files.

"Is something wrong?" He asked sounding concerned as he came and sat next to me.

"Its my neck. It hurts," I said still massaging my neck with my hand.

"Let me take a look," he said with his hands out, getting closer to my neck.

"Don't worry its nothing," I said.

He sucked his teeth. "Chile please. Let me help you. As a matter of fact, you don't have a choice. Imma massage your neck," he said then he started massaging my neck.

"Mmmm, that feels good," I said getting relaxed.

I never knew men can actually have soft hands.

"I know right," he said. "I have a friend who used to work in a spa and she showed me techniques on how to massage and get rid of the nodes."

I closed my eyes as he gently massaged my neck. "You go to the spa?" I asked lowly.

"A brother gotta pamper himself," he said chuckling. "How does that feel?" he said slowly maneuvering his hands on my neck.