Chapter 56: MURDER?!

-This is gonna be fun. Also somehow this chapter turned into like a murder mystery so...you're welcome. Enjoy!-

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Natsu's P.O.V

I run through the dark streets of Magnolia, only dimly lit by the moon and flashing street lights.

What the hell is she thinking?! She's gonna get herself killed!

I turn the corner and rush past the cafe, sprinting for Mr. Nesgull's house. When I reach his block, I hear the screech of a certain cat.

I stop and look down to see Happy at my feet.

"Meeeeoowww!" He cried and started climbing me like a tree.

He perched himself on my shoulder and meowed again. I continue to run and burst through the doors to my formal principal's house.

"Wendy!" I call out, letting the doors slam behind me.

"Looking for someone?" I look over to see Mr. Nesgull holding Wendy by the shoulders with a knife to her throat.

"Wendy!" I shriek and suddenly everything goes dark.

Moments later I open my eyes to see myself on top of Mr. Nesgull, the knife mere centimeters away from his neck.

"Wait, wait! I'm sorry! Please! Nephew!" He pleaded.

I jolt back and loosen my grip on the knife, moving it away from his neck. He shoves me away and quickly stands up.

"You're a psychopath!" He screeched, running upstairs and locking his bathroom door.

I let out a shocked sigh, unsure of what just happened. I glanced over to see Wendy clutching onto Happy in the corner, looking terrified.

"Wendy!" I cried out and ran over to hug her.

She flinched for a moment but settled into the hug and started to cry.

"What were you thinking?" I whisper, tears lining my eyes. "You scared the crap out of me..."

"I'm sorry...I just wanted to get Ha-Happy back." She sobbed. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Just...don't do that again. Seeing that knife to your neck...I-I snapped."

"Can...can we just go home?"

"Of course," I say, and pick Wendy up as she holds Happy.

<><>Morning<><>

Natsu's P.O.V

I wake up to a crash that seemed to come from the kitchen. Immediately, I bolt up and look over to see that Wendy had woken up too.

She looked at me worriedly. "What's that?" She whispered.

"Well, hello." We both heard a voice, but we couldn't seem to identify where the voice was coming from.

I stood up and got into a defense position. "Who's there?"

"Calm down, Natsu. It's just me." Suddenly the light turned on and I saw a man in the doorway.

"What the hell do you want?" I snap, Wendy now standing behind me.

"I just want to talk." He chuckled. "Quite a show you put on with your uncle."

I clenched my teeth. "He deserved it. And more."

"Hm. Well, I just wanted to inform you that you need to catch that train in four hours, but there might be some...complications."