42

(I made a little collage thing so hopefully you like it lol. Plus, i love Taehyung and he's literally G L O W I N G in this gif so be blessed.)
(edited: turns out, ansel sexually assaulted another girl so we don't stan, just appreciate the song cuz it's pretty good, not the artist)

) (edited: turns out, ansel sexually assaulted another girl so we don't stan, just appreciate the song cuz it's pretty good, not the artist)

~Y/N~
The next morning we were woken up at the butt crack of dawn to eat, train, and prepare. It was pretty obvious that the boys don't wake up early, since they were the grumpiest that I had ever seen them.
"Give me the meat back, Yoongi." Taehyung said groggily as he growled and reached for the meat in Yoongi's pale hand.
"No. Not until you say you're sorry for kicking me in the face this morning." His eyes were dark and ferocious, like he was about to turn into an angry lion and bite your head off.
Taehyung gave him the same stare, except he was a mad dog, his lips pulled back into a snarl.  "I'm sorry for kicking you in the face this morning, but it's not my fault you decided to sleep right next to my feet." He growled and swiped the meat from him, burying his face into the meat like a rapid animal.
"You guys will be the death of me." Jungkook rolled his eyes as he bit into his dead animal, grimacing.
"Well at least this is likely the last day for us." Jimin said, eating his potato quietly as he earned a disturbed look from the rest of us.
"What the hell, Jimin? You can't just say something like that." Ridley chimes in, her bright green eyes widening.
"It's not a joke. Plus, we have so much backup and magic on our side. We'll win, no problem." Jungkook chimed in, the blue haired girl glanced at him and smiled slightly while nodding along.
"Well either way, even if we win we can still lose some of us." His eyes glanced around the circle, his eyes coming in contact with all of us and then stopping on his potato as he took another bite.
"He has a point." Yoongi said and I glanced at him in surprise. He and Ridley were the only ones eating noodles, a food that seems to be given to warlocks. Lucky ducks.
"Why are warlocks the only ones given actual food?" I blurt and both Ridley and Yoongi's eyes widen.
"This isn't normal noodles, Y/N. Um... the soup consists of some sort of regenerator for our spell casting and gives us extra power. Not that we really need it." She laughed softly and then sighed, using her chopsticks to grab more noodles and slurping them, causing me to cringe at the noise.
"Interesting." Taehyung said and lifted himself off of the ground. His meal was nowhere to be seen, likely in his stomach by now. "Anyone want to train with me?" He asked. I felt his stare so I turned to look, only to see he wasn't. He was staring at Ridley, who had finished her noodles.
"I do!" She giggled and got up, grabbing Jungkook's arm. "Let's train with him, Kook." She smiled.
"Um, sure." He looked at her, his face bright red as he got up with her. I felt my heart contract and anger rose from my chest.
"I'll come too." I got up, finishing my blood bag quickly and putting it into a trash can.
I followed the three to a series of targets and dummies, weapons lined up in the grass. Ridley stood aside, sparks flying out of her hands as two knives raised from the ground. She sharply moved her hand and both knives pierced the hearts of two dummies. She rubbed her hands together, smiling brightly and took the knives out of the dummies. The patches in the dummies rejuvenated themselves, and I stared in awe at the dummies. There was no mark from the knives.
"Where'd you learn that?" Jungkook chuckled, his eyes bright as he looked at her.
"Oh, I just recently learned that. I kind of taught myself." She laughed and then examined the knives, sighing. Taehyung walked over to them, his arms flexing in excitement as he started rambling about how cool her move was.
The anger moved to my throat as I fought the urge to snarl at them. I grabbed another knife, my grip tight on the knife as I stood farther from the dummy, drawing my arm back and then throwing the knife forcefully at the dummy. I stared in satisfaction as the knife dug straight into the dummy's head. My anger disappeared like a ghost of a memory and I walked to the dummy, pulling out the knife. The wound healed quickly.
"The dummies heal themselves, huh?" A voice suddenly came from behind me and I spun around, raising the knife. "Woah woah woah there tiger, it's just me!!" Taehyung raised his hands in defeat, his eyes wide.
"Oh, I'm sorry!" I recoiled from him, knocking into the dummy. I heard him laugh as he grabbed my waist to steady me.
"It's alright!" His box smile flashed at me. I felt the heat through my armor from his hands and heat raised to my face at the feeling. His hands soon moved back to his sides and his face went red. "S-so um, they're holding fights over there, just to work on close combat. I was going to go against Jungkook and I wanted to ask if you would watch...?" His arm reaches up and scratches the back of his neck as he looks away.
"Oh yeah, sure!" I felt my lips raise as he looks back at me, the box smile showing up on his mouth again. He grabs my arm and pulls me to a white chalked circle, stopping me on the outside and then stepping inside himself. Jungkook was standing on the opposite side, Savant standing on the edge of the circle in between them.
"This is all for training for close combat. There is no severe damage to be done, for we need every man for battle. No fighting to the death, the fight stops when one has the other in a position to put the other to death, or one fighter surrenders. Understood?" Both men nod. "Then, fight!"
Jungkook immediately starts his first attack, closing in on Taehyung, but suddenly the werewolf disappears, appearing behind the vampire and pulling him to the ground. I feel a tap on my shoulder and peel my eyes from the fight to spot Ridley.
"Who do you think will win?" She whispered in my ear as the men around the circle started shouting.
"Jungkook is a strong vampire, but I have a feeling that Taehyung could win." I whisper back. Ridley shakes her head. "Jungkook will definitely win, Taehyung is exponentially more vulnerable without his wolf form, so its most likely that he will lose." She states, her hands on her hips.
"We'll see." I simply put, ending the conversation and bringing my attention back to the two men in the center of the circle. Jungkook was on top of Taehyung, wrestling him into submission. Taehyung fought against him, pushing Jungkook onto his side and then snarling, his teeth growing into fangs and he moved his mouth close to his neck, pausing closer than an inch from his neck.
"That's enough! Fight is over. Taehyung wins." Savant yells as an uproar rises throughout the crowd. Taehyung got up, helping Jungkook up as well and smiling his boxy smile. Ridley waved them over to our side and Taehyung looked at me with his startling werewolf green eyes, lightened with pride.
"You totally let me win, maknae." He murmured to Jungkook, but the younger man only laughed.
"Now for another round, this time with women. Let's see..." He looked around the crowd and stopped on Ridley's bright blue hair. "You there." He pointed to her. "Come and fight. You too, vampire." His eyes locked on me. Ridley glanced at me with wide eyes and then they narrowed with determination as she looked away and stood at one end of the circle. I stood across from her, my breathing speeding up.
"Same rules. Stop once one surrenders, or when one fighter is in a position close to death." Savant waves us off and the crowd goes wild as Ridley's hands burst into blue sparks. She smirked as her hand squeezed, and my throat closed, a painful pressure choking me.
It's a good thing I don't need to breathe.
I hold my breath, feeling my chest burning as I moved behind her at the speed of light, pouncing at her. We fell to the ground, and I heard her groan as the blue sparks falter, the pain on my throat loosening as I lean down to her neck, my fangs forcing themselves out.
The world spun and she was suddenly on top of me, her hands blazing with blue light, her eyes illuminating and blinding me, my eyes shutting as I groaned in pain. The light disappeared and I opened my eyes. They adjusted to the sight of a bright blue stake in Ridley's hand. She brought it close to my chest, the roar of the crowd around us deafening. Savant's voice rang to stop her. "That's enough!!" His voice was full of pride.
Ridley got off of me, turning the blazing stake in her hands. She walked away as I got up shakily, a wave of shame towered over me as I followed her to the two boys waiting for us.
"Congrats Ridley, that was a really good fight!" Jungkook smiled, then glanced at me. "You put up a good fight, Y/N." His smile was soft, his dark eyes piercing my heart. My shame only rose from his voice laced in pity.
"Good game Ridley. You almost got her there though, Y/N!" Taehyung's hand squeezed my shoulder gently. I felt a little more comfortable, but anger rose in my chest as Ridley smirked at me, that stupid stake still in her hands.
Savant's voice raised over the talkative chatter of the crowd. "Grab everything, we're leaving now."
I glanced between Jungkook and Taehyung in confusion, but they only looked at each other. "They're early." Jungkook stated, Taehyung nodding in agreement. "Something must have changed."
My face was still warped into confusion until Taehyung grabbed my hand, pulling me to our tent and grabbed a knife. "Tie that to your thigh. Protect yourself. I'll be by your side the entire time." He looked at me, his eyes were back to their normal chocolate color.
"If we get separated, just fight your way back to me. I need you alive, Y/N." His eyes blazed as his voice lowered and his arm suddenly wrapped around my waist, pulling me to his lips. They were hot, moving furiously against mine. I felt myself melt into him, my arms wrapping themselves around his neck and the world seemed to disappear, just us. Then we heard a scream.
He quickly pulled away, taking my hand into his and dragging me outside of the tent. A sea of white eyed Bloodglades flooded the entrance of the park. I looked for where the scream came from and my eyes land on bright pink hair. Estella was lifted in the air by a Bloodglade, his hands on her throat.
Then he squeezed, his strength crushing her throat. Her head fell to the ground, her eyes wide open mid shock.
"Holy shit."

⚪︎ ◦ ☀︎ ☁︎☽ ◦ ⚪︎
(Edited)