22

Yasmin

I sat beside Caine, glaring at my mother who wept silently across the table from me. Alpha Ruby and a few other men arranged themselves in the remaining seats at the large round table. I could feel Caine tense beside me, his mother, and the other man named Marcus stood behind us.

Clearing his throat, Alpha Ruby spoke. "Moon Queen, Prince Caine," Alpha Ruby bowed his head in turn as he spoke their names and titles. Rolling my eyes, I focused my gaze on him.

"I regret the events which have occurred here. I was not told young Yasmin had found her mate, otherwise I would have put a stop to the mating. No disrespect was meant, and my son will seek a wife in another. If it pleases you, my pack and I shall leave at once." His eye stayed locked with Caine's, never once blinking.

"It would please me," started Caine's mother who I was yet to be introduced to, "if you would show my son and his mate to sleeping quarters as well as a room for myself."

With only a nod in her direction, Alpha Ruby stood making his way from the room. His men followed behind our small party leaving my sobbing mother the only one in the room.

Walking beside Caine, I suddenly felt nervous. The last time I was near him like this, we had done the nasty then I had passed out or whatever had happened. I couldn't remember much other than burning pain throughout my body, and Caine's deep voice cooing at me the whole time.

Once the pain had stopped, my father's men were attacking me and Mary. Oh, sweet Mary. I will miss her.

The light touch of Caine's finger brought my attention back to the present. I looked around finding myself in a dark room. The furniture was basic but new, the bed large and at this moment, looked very welcoming. Large heavy metal shutters on the inside of the window had been pulled from their hidden space in the frame and secured in place effectively blocking out the sun or an enemy who wished to attack.

"Yasmin?" Caine's voice sent warmth into my bones. I spun to face him, only stopping a moment before wrapping myself around his strong physique.

"I don't want any of this Caine. They can keep their pack. I won't be their Alpha. I want nothing to do with any of them. Can we please just leave and go back home?" Just the thought of having to be around my mother or any of the wild beast made my heart falter.

What would I do if Caine insisted, we stay here? Could I find it in me to leave him? I was connected to him in a way I had never felt with anyone else. He was my air. Without him, I wouldn't breathe again.

"Shh, calm down baby. I'm not going to make you stay. It will be your choice if you take on the Alpha title or walk away." Caine tried to soothe as he stroked my hair.

"And if I do decide to walk away?" I ask with a bit of hurt pulling away from his arms. He said he wasn't going to make me stay, but he didn't say anything about coming away with me.

I paced away from him towards an open door across the room. The bathroom was basic like the room. A toilet, a single basin sink, and a shower big enough for one and a half people.

Feeling gross, I stripped what little clothes I had off, dropping them in a messy pile on the tiles. I flipped the shower on, waiting for the warm water to flow before stepping inside.

I stood for a few minutes just enjoying the heat on my skin, trying to think of nothing. Once I was heated enough, I gently rubbed my skin with the mango smelling body wash found in the shower caddy.

I heard it the second Caine stepped in the room, ignoring him the best I could. My heart is hurt, I'm tired and hungry. I'm in a place I don't feel safe and worst of all, I'm not sure the man I am fated to be with would walk away from the power which comes with being the Alpha of a pack.