14

Merry Christmas everyone. It's Christmas eve so I thought a new chapter would look good in your stockings. The chapter was fun to write, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Safe holidays.

T. xx

The plane landed and we were directed to a town car - the driver seeming to know where we were going without being told.

For the way we were dressed I expected a fancy ballroom type affair withing the city we landed in, only to be overwhelmed with the beauty of an old-style manor outside the city.

Large columns adorned the front of the mansion leaving me feeling very small. Men dressed in fine suits milled about the entrance, beautiful women smiling politely on their arms.

A man dressed in a red vest and black pants opened the car door as we came to a stop in front of the grand doors. Caine exited the car - fixing his coat - his hand extending back into the car to take my hand.

I was still trying to take as much as I could in while he wrapped my arm in the crook of his, slowly leading his way into the house. My heels clicked loudly on the marble stairs leading inside.

Eyes turned towards us on our approach, their heads bowing slightly when we passed.

"This place is a dream. How do they manage to keep all the windows clean?"

A low chuckle beside me made me look at Caine for a moment but I couldn't stop them from moving back to look around. Besides the overuse of windows, perfectly manicured gardens bordered the building.

"We just spent 3hrs on a plane, arrived at a gathering in the middle of nowhere and you're wondering how they clean their windows?" Amusement filled his voice. I was glad he was enjoying my moment of awe.

Stepping inside was like walking into a whole new world.

Frocks of every colour whirled around a large open room. What I had mistaken for a house was actually just one very big room. The place is filled with talking and laughter. Men and women dancing in perfect rhyme to the soft music produced from the orchestra playing on the raised platform in the center of the room.

Surrounding the edges tall tables lined the room, small groups of people standing around eating and drinking while enjoying themselves could be seen flitting to different tables happily talking with others they know.

A gentle tug on my arm captured my attention. Caine openly stared at me, a smile lighting up his face. Placing my other hand on top of the one already wrapped around his arm, I turned my body so it pressed up against his side.

I still hadn't forgiven him for working me up in the plane only to leave me wanting.

With my chest rubbing on his arm, I tried to use a sexy voice.

"Ask me to dance, Caine." My eyes never leaving his.

"I don't like to dance Yasmin. Come let's find a table and some refreshments." Taking a step away from me, Caine searched the room before finding I place suitable. I released his arm as he began walking towards a corner of the well-lit room.

I carefully walked backward until I was at the edge of the dance floor my gown sweeping my feet. Caine stopped, spinning to find where I had gone. His eyes hardened when he noticed me at the edge of the dancing bodies.

I had no idea if I knew how to dance the way these people were but I knew I could move my hips enough to tease the man who watched me carefully.

"Yasmin, I said no. Now come." His voice was stern, ordering me not to disobey him.